I am the leader of the local branch of a youth organisation (comparable to Scouts) which I have been a member of since I was 11. As with most youth orientated groups in the region we are going through a tough time with recruiting new members. What are some fresh ideas we can try to get our numbers up? We recruit both boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 15.
aadoug aadoug 36-40, M 9 Answers Jul 23, 2012

Do fun activities. The problem with my church youth group is that they complain no one attends but dont do anything that the youth actually like. Simple things like sporting events, a band, picnics, get togethers, going to the pools/beach, etc. Maybe hold an open afternoon so these kids can see what joining the org. would be about?

Best Answer

Some great ideas there thank you

Best Answer

I don't know what you've done so far, but there's the regular way...put up ads in the library, in the local paper, on the YMCA bulletin board or the board at the rec department, etc. In the ad, you can outline the tenets of your organization with any fees, etc. If you have a website, it might help. You might also go to local schools and ask if you can have the information put into school announcements or on school bulletin boards. Most schools will get behind a youth organization that has a good reputation. Of course, there are your members....if they are excited about your group and what it's doing, then they should be able to recruit friends to participate as well. You might also consider speaking to any local churches- even though your group isn't religious, if the statutes or goals are in accordance with faith, then it seems to me that they would help you get the word out. There is also local radio, if you have a station in your area. We have one here, and it makes all sorts of local announcements about things that are going on in the area. When we were in school, we sometimes had t-shirts printed out for our clubs. We also had a little school oriented column in the newspaper where club announcements and student activities would be posted. We put in float entries in the local parades. Every year, we had special events- a dance, a picnic...that sort of thing, and it was open to other kids too, so we could invite anyone. If you offer activities during the summer, it seems to me that parents would be quite happy to know about you!

Another thing...having a booth at any local fairs or events. Sell hot dogs or whatever to fund raise, but also take the opportunity to give out some information on the group or to tell people about it. Presence is important. If your group does any major project or volunteer work, make sure it gets a little coverage.

Best Answer

Some excellent ideas in there - prints out your answer and takes it off to the next committee meeting. Thank you

Best Answer

lol. I was in a lot of clubs when I was in high school. :) Best of luck.

Best Answer

Your aim is a noble one. When such a cadre is thought of being formed the following may be kept in mind:

1. Their physical stamina 2. Mentally preparedness 3. Social awareness 4. Feel of responsibility 5. free from personal ego and all other personal limitations 6. Work culture .

Once you choose such people: You should train them: To improve their fitness in four ways:

1. Physical fitness 2. Mental fitness 3. Social fitness 4. Spiritual fitness

Your programme should be in accordance with all these requisites.

Best Answer

All very good values thank you

Best Answer

you are welcome..

Best Answer

maybe some sports activities. Or Hiking up some big mountain.

Or working on some cool huge mural.

Best Answer

A nice large task to complete that gives a sense of achievement. good thinking

Best Answer

Pizza and video games.

Best Answer

That sounds like a pretty good night at home too, thanks

Best Answer

Call your group "Bieber Scouts" and they will come.

Best Answer