He will be 12 in a month and he is always asking for odd jobs to do to earn money, anyone have any suggestions? We do not have lawn equipment for him to do yards, we dont live a neighborhood where a kool aid/lemonade stand would be feasible, there is no local paper delivery that would hire him at his age, so what can we do? I am proud of him for wanting to earn his own money but at a loss of how to help him in his quest for employment. Any ideas? Serious answers only please!
pleasehavecompassion pleasehavecompassion 41-45, F 18 Answers Jun 7, 2012

You have an 11-yr-old willing to work? Hang on to him!

Best Answer

Seniors always need help with this or that. They usually will think up something for a kid to do just to have somebody to hang out with. It wd be good for him as well.Children who will sit and listen to older people learn much. Maybe u could visit the local church and see if they have any (Kind and Normal) seniors who are shut-ins. Have him go in do a little dishes, make sandwhiches, and hand them the remote. lol. *They do love their shows.* I did it when I was a youngster and loved it very much.

Best Answer

Rake leaves, clean out someones shed/garage, wash cars, walk dogs, etc.

Best Answer

Many people will pay him to mow lawns even with their own mower.

Best Answer

I think a company should open a new type of job for kid ages 10-14 and pay at least $7 an hr.

Best Answer

well u could wrap a towel round your head then go out side and give fortunes to people for like a pound or something

Best Answer

I know babysitting is something young girls usually do to earn money, but he's at the right age to start babysitting if that was something he wouldn't mind doing. Also, he could look into tutoring his peers...the ones who may be having trouble in a subject that he is an expert in. I don't know, just my suggestions! I hope he finds something soon!

Best Answer

Have him do your everyday life skills type of chours, and then slide him a few bucks. I was in and out of trouble as a kid, but unlike my friends, I started working at age 12, so by the time I was 18 I had way more experience and a stronger work ethic.

Best Answer

Lemonade stand?

Best Answer

How about, light cleaning for neighbors - using their stuff (washing windows, dishes, etc)? (Mowing lawns is also a possibility if they have their own mower.)

Best Answer

house cleaning?

Best Answer

Give him a list of chores to do.

Best Answer