I used to be a morning riser while at school and college.. But, for the last 15 years I have been mostly a late-sleeper and therefore a late-riser.. Tell me some good way to get out of this and become a morning person. You should know that I have failed my new year resolutions many times...
thoughtbubble thoughtbubble 36-40, M 5 Answers Jan 18, 2012

The thing that works for me is to stay up through the night, all the way until I'm due to go to bed (as an early bird). That way, even though it's early, I'm really tired and can sleep. After that, force yourself to get out of bed when the alarm goes (even though you'll still feel dog-tired for the first few days). Eventually, your body will get the hang of it. Just don't let yourself drift: it's ridiculously easy to just start going to bed later and later and, before you know it, you're a night owl again.

Best Answer

Yeah, the tough part is to get up when the alarm goes, you know. I am always optimistic about it when I go to sleep :) :)

Best Answer

Start having a light supper at 10 pm. Then go shower. Then get straight in your bed and go to sleep. Does that sound boring? It's the best, most unworkable advice you will get ... and it will only be unworkable because IF you aren't prepared to change your rest-pattern you aren't going to change anything.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Did you mean, go to bed, even if I don't get sleep, toss and turn till I get sleep ?

Best Answer

Why not? This is something I had to do. Forget the cicrumstances, I HAD to do this. Not sleeping for a few nights whilst putting in a few days tired me off my feet until, after not too long, I couldn't wait to fall in bed and started sleeping like a top. It worked for me ... it had to do and I had no other choice!

Best Answer

Oh ok, great to know someone has tried and worked... I should try sometime...

Best Answer

knightwhispers comment earlier on "Had to do this", came close to what worked for me. A series of morning meetings at the office and I had to be up and running, no matter how late I slept. After a few days, the schedule got almost fixed, though with a variation of a couple of hours.
Of course, I am waiting to see how long it lasts, and if it drops, how quickly I'll get back on track.
Thank you, knightwhispers.

Best Answer

Sleep aid....<br />
I'm the other way around so I had to get a hobby to really get into to keep me up at night.

Best Answer

Oh no, no sleeping pills please, I am not sick, I do get good sleep, just that I want to change the pattern..

Best Answer

I only meant once just to put you on the right track or try this-&gt; Try and stay up for a whole day and then sleep the next when you want to start sleeping again. Then just stay on that pattern.

Best Answer