Things that work for her include weighted blankets, riding her bike really fast, & strong hugs from a couple of people. She's recently been having epileptic seizures, so the bike riding is out for now 'til the seizures are under control. She's tried some other things, but few things give her the same intensity as cutting.
FriendJay FriendJay 51-55, F 13 Answers Dec 6, 2012 in Self Harm

She sounds like she's overstimulated. The things you say work for her work for my autistic daughter. Pressure is good. Deep massage, back scratching, squeezing the palms of her hands with your finger and thumb.

Best Answer

Yes, she's probably on the spectrum. But she's not a child & pinching isn't enough. Maybe you'll find some ideas here, too, for when your daughter gets older?
I'm also on the spectrum. I hope you enjoy your daughter. :^)

Best Answer

Your friends obviously still not in a great fr<x>ame of mind, by replacing cutting with something else.

Best Answer

I heard getting a "Brazilian" in pretty intense lol

Best Answer

stand barefoot on a fire ant hill. Stick your finger into a hornet's nest. talk about intense!<br />
Seriously, try weight lifting 200 lb 10 times.

Best Answer

might i suggest for her to drink

Best Answer

meds

Best Answer

It's just a way for them to get attention, it's just like a little kid that throws themselfs down on the floor, as an adult it comes from being gready needy and self absorbed.

Best Answer

Why are you so bitter about everything?

Best Answer