aexperience1982 aexperience1982 26-30, F 6 Answers May 4, 2012

oh, you'll be ok, come on don't be such a buzzkill, it's just a headache, take some tylenol (an m&m) & you'll be fine, you're wrecking everything, you HAVE to go.<br />
a migraine isn't anything you can put a band aid on & take off. first the head pain feels like either your head is either going to blow out, or spin off into flames. for me I get vertigo & nausea. last time I had a migraine i threw up for ages. it was so bad i think i saw a piece of my sixth birthday cake come up. my head feels like it's beating like a gong. and my left eye feels like there's a red hot poker stabbing me behind the eye. it's always on the left side.<br />
and no people don't understand that i can't do anything but lie in a cool dark room. these headaches are the bain of my existence.

Best Answer

I understand how painful migraine is. I have been suffering for the past 14 years. It seems to me that people that lying in a dark room would take care of migraine! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best Answer

I've had them since I was five. Can you imagine?

Best Answer

I used to suffer from those... A comment I heard was "just take an aspirin, that always helps when I have a headache..". Ummm... Migraines are not just headaches.... And annoying comment was: "Be quiet..." or "You are annoying other patients with your crying.." or "It can't hurt that much!" or "just close your eyes and lay in the dark..." Ummmm... I wish it were that easy. Probably a lot more if I really think about but I think I repressed the comments to prevent more trauma with flashbacks of that time.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing. I would usually tell such people if migraines weren't so painful then it wouldn't have affetced the lives of millions and their productivity.

Best Answer

Just the inhale act... makes me with cringe ...

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

It's just a headache, right?

Best Answer

This comment just makes feel like banging the head of the person who says it. Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

amazing how many people believe migraines are just 'headaches'. Every one of them should have to experience 1 migraine in their life.

Best Answer

Take an asprin and get over it!<br />
Don't you think you're over reacting to a headache?<br />
Everyone gets headaches, but the rest of us just deal with it!<br />
*GRRRR*<br />
Makes me want to bash their head with a brick while they're staked down facing into the noon day sun with death metal blaring in their ears and see if they can "get over it"

Best Answer

I really liked what you feel like doing to the some 'insensitive' people who think migraine is not painful. Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

It's all in your head.

Best Answer

That's so mean and cruel. Are they into the false misconception that migraine is a psychological and stress related problem?
Tha

Best Answer