I was packing some very old trinkets that were handed down from generation to generation throughout my family this afternoon. I looked at photos dating back from the mid 1800's of my family. It was awesome.. I found an old collection of baseball cards! They look like they're in pretty good shape!
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 21 Answers Mar 9, 2010

on my dad's side, an old Mauser .25 pistol, taken by some relative in WWII. On my mom's side, nothing really, but if my grandfather were to pass anytime soon, I'd really like his truck, not so much because it's a good truck (it isn't; it's a junky old Chevy S-10), but because of the memories I have with him in that truck.

Best Answer

Paintings by my grandad and my mom.<br />
Some little things that were mine when I lived with my grandparents, like a little cow to hold the napkin. :)

Best Answer

The one that means the most is my Grandfather's pipe collection. I never use them, but they are nice. That type of stuff is so personal. Ya know... his DNA may still be there...

Best Answer

I have my Great Grandmother's pocket watch. Also, my Dad passed away last year, and I have his mitts and I wear them all the time. (in the winter, of course)

Best Answer

I have a rock that my grandfather gave my mother and she gave it to me.

Best Answer

Great question!! I really enjoyed reading about everyone's treasures!<br />
One of the great treasures I had was a Meerschaum pipe carved to look like a lion given to my grandfather.<br />
Years ago, naughty little boys took it out of the case and brought it outside with them for a day of play. The stem never did find its way home.<br />
I was heartbroken!

Best Answer

I have a picture given to me when a special Auntie of mine died and also a small table. They are both in my hall way and are special to me. The painting is a watercolour and is very well done. It looks like scenery in Scotland.I don't know anything about it or remember seeing it in her house but it is special.

Best Answer

I have a beautiful glass encased wind up pendulum clock with a painted porcerain face that chimes every 15 minutes from my grandparents. They loved me.<br />
My mother, the b!tch, kept my complete baseball card collection with Carl Yastremski's rookie card that I flipped and chewed for all that year. Grrrr...I don't like her BACK!

Best Answer

I do have a few trinkets, but one of the most memorable is treasures is a box of my grandmother's jewelry. Most of it is the costume jewelry that she might have worn to church or some special event. My kids loved dressing up with that old jewelry. We even had some beautiful broaches made, that my wife occasionally wears.

Best Answer

A handmade bed fr<x>ame my grandfather made. Pillow cases crocheted by my grandmother. Patent certificates and blue prints for some of my fathers inventions. Recordings of my mother singing in her church choir and teaching school.

Best Answer

From mid 1800s! That's a treasure alright.<br />
There are these pair of earrings my grandma wore most of her life. Everyone who knew her would recognize them.<br />
When she died, they were the last things to be removed from her person due to some oversight. When they tried to, the earrings wouldn't budge. And then someone said, "Don't worry, we're going to give these to June." And they came right off.<br />
In writing it is sentimental but I love it :)

Best Answer

I have my fathers pocketwatch....it isn't expensive and may not even work well anymore, but it has accompanied us at graduations, wedding, births, funerals, trips, and any thing that is important in our lives.....that watch has been in someones pocket.... to have pictures of family from the 1800's is truly a gift that is very rare....I wish I could have more history in my life, but no one thought to do that....I want very much to hand things down one day but I don't think my daughter in law is a person who will want to treasure anything that isn't her family's, and i don't think my son is a sentimental person like he used to be.....so, it is unlikely that my things will ever get to my grandkids...unless they are older when I can give it to them......

Best Answer

I have tons of **** from my family. My mother is a big fan of vases, and my sister is a florist, so there's always flowers, vases, and pots everywhere. My mother is also big into books, so we're always getting a bunch of books. And my whole family likes giving little nicknacks and joke gifts.

Best Answer

Those cards could be worth a lot. I would have them professionally appraised and then never part with them.<br />
I have a solid gold pocket watch with a genuine diamond set into the lid. The gold chain is missing though. It belonged to my great great grandfather. Also from the 1800's. I would love to get it restored to working condition and one day give it to my youngest son when he gets married. Problem is that I don't trust the local jewelers and watchmakers around here.

Best Answer

Furniture made by my multi-great grandfather, a watch, an ancient deed, the silver. Engagement and wedding rings, way old pictures.

Best Answer

the never buddy tradition

Best Answer