Never combine your incomes into the same account. The divorce rate is over 50%. You are accountable for your finances.

Best Answer

separate def. just in case

Best Answer

I am getting a divorce and we have one joint account that has automatic payments coming out for some of his bills. He overdrafts it twice a month then adds money to cover his charges and overdraft fees. I can not take my name off the account. I can close it but because they are his bills I have asked him to move the payments to his new account but he refuses. This is not good for my credit. I have my own separate account that I have never overdrafted on. I am unemployed and he makes 60,000 a year (so, he has the money to keep it positive, he just chooses not to pay attention).

Best Answer

I advocate a joint account for bills you each put so much in and separate accounts too.

Best Answer

For me Share cover what needs to be covered then each spending money he always had more spending money just because I did not need as much and then you spend it or put it away.

Best Answer

It depends, I thought having a joint account would promote unity. HA HA I was so wrong there. However, if you already have unity, you can do it either way. My current wife and I share our accounts, but we each have our own separate stash/mad money/spending money. We talk to eachother about purchases from our joint accounts, but our private stash can be spent any way and any time we want. Well, pretty much...I don't think she would be happy if I routinely went to ***** bars.

Best Answer

Separate accounts.

Best Answer

Have separate accounts. No regrets that way, and you always know how much you have left.

Best Answer

We have a joint one for the bills and seperate for spending money :-)

Best Answer

Yes, better. My husband pays bills, and with my bank account, I go shopping!!!

Best Answer

Three, yours, theirs and a joint acct for the joint bills.

Best Answer