A couple years ago my self-esteem took a major blow and I can't seem to recover from it. Before all of this I was confident and sure of myself, but then this. First I had a few ex's leave me for this one chick, then a guy I was really crushing on turned me down just because he had a chance with her. Later we started dating and I really fell in love with him, but I still couldn't compete with her no matter what I did, and ultimately he left me for her. I'm pretty, I'm nice, and pretty intelligent too, but this 5'4", chubby, flat-chested ***** somehow had something I could never give. I still don't get how she was so much better then me. Then after that relationship, I fell into a pretty abusive one, and things got much worse. He took what ever self esteem I had left and destroyed it. He made sure that I felt like a worthless piece of ****. But now I'm out of that and things are looking much better for me, but I can shake the insecurities they left me with. I don't know what to do
Trying2FigureOut Trying2FigureOut 18-21 5 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

People are not meant to be compared, so you shouldn't compare yourself with anyone. People who doesn't see that you're worth it is their loss. I had a personal experience with low self-esteem too. I was lucky to have people around me telling me I'm special. I didn't listen to them, of course. It took a bad break up, and some alone time for me to get better.

What I learn from it is the best thing you can do is improve yourself. I don't mean compare yourself with others and see what you're missing, but think about how YOU would like yourself to be. It can even be something that you never thought you can be. Set it as a goal and see how far you can reach, and someday you might even reach it.

Best Answer

Be honest with yourself, learn to accept yourself, work on past problems, figure out what's the cause of your sadness, face your fears, understand life is about lessons learned and... Look for a mate that has an amazing personally... Screw looks

Best Answer

It wasn't just looks. I should have had the better personality too. She was a total *****. The guy I fell in love with, before I got to start dating him she was ******* him around for 6 months. I was his best friend stuck in the friend zone while she toyed with him.

Best Answer

Why do you keep these losers in your life?.

Best Answer

Better personality? Are you kidding you can only be you... And if they don't like it screw them.. Trust me there are people out here who will love your personality if you just be yourself..,

Best Answer

go within- in meditation...find the beauty you were born with, then find a way to express that beauty in your life....the right person will come along, when the time is right..

Best Answer

abduct someone more beautiful than you

Best Answer