just be there......don't need to say anything......if they want to talk - let them - if not don't push it.......it usually only helps to talk to people who can empathize - people that have been through the same thing...so don't feel akward if they don't want to talk........help take care of daily stuff they won't have it in them to do.......like dishes, take out trash......make sure there's food in the fridge......make some food so it's prepared -- don't ask or expect them to eat it.....just let 'em know it's there in the fridge when if when they want it.......everyone grieves a litttle differently, yet much the same.......don't feel as if you have to say anything......listen & answer when they want to talk about anything they feel like talking about......distraction is often welcome - so they may wanna talk about anything BUT their lost.......give LOTS of BIG hugs.......

Best Answer

Never say "I know exactly what you're going through"

Best Answer

It was just his/her time to go.

Best Answer

the worst thing to say is, we all have to die some time. the best thing to say is, I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. what can I do to help?

Best Answer

The same as you would say for any loss.
mx:))

Best Answer