Teens face everything from violent images to bullying to family discord. They are faced with competative academics as well as a weak job market. Is it different now than it was 25 years ago?
Riversled Riversled 46-50, M 14 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Community

Biggest problem: That they don't know God. Which accounts for why many have turned to drugs, sex etc to fill the void that is missing. I deal with difficulties by praying and reading the Bible.

Best Answer

I actually think the biggest struggles teens face nowadays are the self-inflicted ones, like being followers instead of setting their own courses, and feeling sorry for themselves and thinking that somehow everything in life should just be handed to them on silver platters. Today's youth is painfully and scarily weak I believe...

Best Answer

Too much social media. Start sharing their business with the whole world at a young age, unfortunately many grow to regret it, once it is out there it is out there forever.

Best Answer

depression !!!!

Best Answer

Distractions. There will always be bullies. There will always be sex. There has not always been the overload of inputs that exists today. Adults first got an idea of this with television in the 50s, maybe with radio or books at earlier dates. Now, of course, it is worse. <br />
These jangled kids have a difficult time making decisions. Add to that the tendency to "protect" our youth from work until they are a certain age keeps them from learning anything about what sorts of work they might care to do or be good at. <br />
You have distracted kids who have trouble making decisions who also have little information to make decisions with. That is not healthy at all. I see it every day. I employ a lot of young people who are mystified that they must work so hard, but at break time -- out come the iPhones.

Best Answer

Bullying and social awkwardness. The absense of Christ is apparently becoming more and more evident.

Best Answer

Teens face everything from violent images to bullying to family discord. They are faced with competative academics as well as a weak job market. Is it different now than it was 25 years ago?<br />
Actually I think teens have it easier today than teens of 25 years ago. Academics were just as competitive 25 years ago but today's teens have the choice of going home to live at their parents house after college. It is seen as normal today for people in their 20's to live at home. Not so 25 years ago - you got out there and made it no matter how difficult it was. And it was very difficult. Today teens are given the chance to ponder who they are and what they want to do in life while they live at home all through their 20's.

Best Answer

" Young people today have no respect for their elders, no respect for tradition, no<br />
responsabilities, they hang out like gangs at street corners..." - Socrates

Best Answer

The imbalance of technology, and narcissistic bullies.

Best Answer

Well I am a teen and I'm scared that I won't find a good paying job when I'm older.

Best Answer

I mean I don't just care about money, I want to have an apartment when im older. Also I'm not the kind of teen who spends money on clothes and shoes, I want to support my family.

Best Answer

Stealing their parent's medical marijuana without being caught...

Best Answer