A 'breakdown' means the person runs out of coping patterns. So if the person doesn't give up - which is a choice, by the way - they won't have a 'breakdown'.<br />
One of the things I look for is in language - 'Everything's' going wrong. 'Everyone's' against me. 'Nothing ever...' Those things aren't true, it's just how it feels. But when someone says it, they can start to believe it and feel even more overwhelmed. You can hang on, but if your coping patterns aren't working, you need to find something else.

Best Answer

That's how I feel right now. Example...I went for a drive this evening (driving while listening to music usually helps me blow off steam). By the time I got back from my drive, I was feeling just as on edge, agitated, etc., as before...

Best Answer

It happened to me...built up slowly, but i said a few times to my mom in particular, that i just wanted to go to the hospital, and be left alone, go to sleep etc..<br />
I couldn't do anything with my kids, the thought of coming out of my room was too much...everyday tasks become overwhelming..so i went to the hospital and was admitted to the phsych ward for 3 weeks, and came out with a whole new perspective on life.

Best Answer

I can answer that. I'm having one right now- a couple signs are crying until your eyes are so painfully raw & puffy. When you wake up in the morning (if you can get ANY sleep) your eyes are swollen shut & you have a migraine all day. You can't eat cause you have no appetite..in my case I haven't ate for almost 3 days. Noone cares that you are going through this so you cry uncontrollably even more cause you feel alone. You question your life, your choices & even your sanity. Does that sound like anything your going through....if so we can talk. May help to have someone to relate to.

Best Answer

Most of it, except for the not eating part. Some loss of appetite, but not enough to make me not eat...

Best Answer

Can't sleep or sleep too much, depression. over or under eating, aches, pains, anxiety, etc. Go talk to somebody who knows.

Best Answer

Well to be quite honest ok well I didn't realize what the things that made it happen were until after it happened!! I had a serious break down a couple of weeks ago and my husband was sure to tell everyone about it he has a big mouth and loves to talk to what I call his "Mommy". He got sick in april and I had been taking care of him for months and running our family business without any help. He told me that he wanted therapy because we hadn't been getting along for months, to be quite frank I think his 6 month injury was fake!!! I had come to a breaking point and starting getting angry that he couldn't get up to get his own water or make a simple meal. One night I had a little to much to drink and told him how I really felt I feel so well betrayed now because he called my best friend to ask for advice, my mother which was a very bad idea, his brother and his mother. WOW so no I feel like well if I ever really ever show my feelings again what will happen then??

Best Answer

hallucinating, hearing voices, being totally out of it, i know cause my sister had one

Best Answer

marriage.

Best Answer