I redeveloping a character for a piece of writing and I'm a little stuck on valid reasons for transferring high schools. I need some insight and who better than to ask REAL people like the good folks on EP. Help me out, please?
ItsJustZ ItsJustZ 18-21, M 9 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Writings

Bullying. Having no friends. Bad reputation. Stupid teachers. Just have a better school else where. Moving. There r a million

Best Answer

Bullying, family tragedy, you could use anything just about.

Best Answer

Bullying or sexual molestation. You can really use your imagination on this one.

Best Answer

Appreciate it! This is why I dig EP. Everybody gives me different responses and something to work with when I need a dose of reality! Once again, thanks!

Best Answer

No problem.

Best Answer

Your career Army dad got transfered to another state and the commute to school is just too long.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I transferred high schools 4 times to four different schools on the basis of wanting adventure, my parents agreed and the journey ensued

Best Answer

Best Answer

Sometimes different high schools have different academic programs available. We have specialty high schools where I live. Another reason would be if one is being bullied. Perhaps your character is enamored of someone inappropriate for him/her in the current high school and is trying to run from his/her feelings (for a teacher perhaps?).

Best Answer

Not bad. You're right on the mark with my character. Actually, 50% of of what you just said was exactly what I was looking for.

Best Answer