LittleLion19 LittleLion19 18-21, F 11 Answers Nov 20, 2012 in Self Harm

have a real problem in your life for perspective then self-inflicted torture will not seem so necessary

Best Answer

Yeah it does

Best Answer

are we talking "the cheese" here?

Best Answer

No slicing skin

Best Answer

put a hair tie on your wrist and whenever you wanna cut pull it so it slaps your wrist

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

i know its hard. but when most people tell you to stop or do something that has nothing to do with it you, its kind of like a less dangerous substitute

Best Answer

Go to a gym or buy a punching bag take ur pain out on it

Best Answer

Don't cut

Best Answer

Just stop. Go see a doctor, then a shrink. Expose all your wounds when you go out so people can see them. Don't do it in private.<br />
Consider your future. What are your chances of a partner if you are covered in scars? What if you go too far?<br />
Go out and don't hide at home. Get treatment.You have depression.<br />
Enough?

Best Answer

I am covered in scars and I know I have no chance with a partner. And I've gone far enough to need stitches. I'm not asking for someone to convince me it's bad. I know it's bad cuz I can't control it anymore. I'm asking for alternatives or distractions

Best Answer

Plus if I just show off my wounds I'd be labeled as a ******* attention seeker

Best Answer

RForget the God rubbish below. You need treatmewnt by a shrink. As your depression lifts so does your need to cut. You see cutting is just an external way of showing the pain we feel inside when very depressed. Cutting doesn't stop it, you may think it feels better for a short time but the truth is all you are doing is self harming which is what depression does internally.
I've been to the very bottom with deep depression. Semi vegetative. Just sat and stared, couldn't talk, feel or hear. At that level our brains shut down our senses to protect us.
I came back with lucking out and finding a great shrink, endless support from my partner, and my young daughter.
You have to WANT to get better and be prepared to be honest, open and work hard. Discuss treatments with the doc but once agreed, don't vary until you have spoken to the shrink. They must know what you are doing or the cannot help.You know a fair bit about this so forgive me for repeating. You need to see a GP first to get a referral. Not to a therapist, you are way too hard for the right now. Once a shrink raises your mood with meds you and the shrink shoulddecide if therapy is useful and when. Learning CBT is possible at that stage and it's a fantastic tool.
You can do this. Hang on to the hope that has got you this far and make the effort to get medical help. It's ONLY Y&amp;OU who can fix it but they help you get there.

Best Answer

I have a therapist through foster care

Best Answer

You need a shrink as the therapist is not ahcieving a thing You'rte still cutting.
Put itm this way. If you had a car and the engine blew up, wuld you jus get the tires checked and try dribing it? No, you wouldn'y. You need a specialist for every kind of job and they work for YOU.

Best Answer

You can rip ? o.O

Best Answer