BorderlineMind BorderlineMind 22-25, F 32 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Marriage

I think straight people shouldn´t suffer the torture of matrimony alone.

Best Answer

;-)

Best Answer

Lmao!!!

Best Answer

Marriage has always been a legal contract. Always. Two people should be allowed to enter freely into any legal contract, and that marriage contract, according to the commerce clause, should be recognized in all 50 States. That's why I disagree with DOMA.

Best Answer

i am liberal and even if i think it's wrong we have free will and what you or anyone else does is between them and their God.

Best Answer

I'm a conservative heterosexual Republican and I support gay marriage. What two consenting adults do are none of my business or the governments. It's a human rights issue and gays have suffered enough discriminatory behavior and deserve to be treated with respect. Character is a measure of worth and sexuality is not what a person "is" or a measure of worth, it's merely one aspect. I could go on, but that's a start.

Best Answer

I'm not sure how the abortion issue came in to play or the Jews for Jesus reference but you have no idea how I feel about those issues and I don't agree with your characterization of me, then again you feel the way you do and it's not my calling in life to convince you of anything.

Best Answer

Boo. You let us down...you tea party

Best Answer

marriage should be between two people no matter what genders and sexual orientations they are, and the government shouldn't have anything to do with it....if their religion conflicts then it is for each individual/ couple to deal with the god they believe in. i personally am not religious (and neither is my boyfriend) so its a mute point for me if we even get that far......i think, i hope i explained myself well.

Best Answer

I agree -the governments reasoning behind not legalizing gay marriage should not be based on religious factors. Thanks for answering!

Best Answer

I support same-sex marriage because gay people deserve the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts. There is no logical reason that same-sex marriage should not be legally recognized.

Best Answer

My entire life gayness in general was portrayed as bad,,,evil even. I met someone that changed my mind completely. A very special transgendered lady...I could have fallen in love with her, or maybe I did, but she changed everything for me...

Best Answer

Love should not be ba<x>sed solely on gender. It is a right for everyone to get married. Who decided it was the "norm" to be straight, and let them get married and leave us in the dust? It is like segregation, although no one seems as eager to fix it. It is a right that all should be able to have, to be able to say they are legally attached to each other forever, religious or otherwise. It is sad to think that I may have to move and leave my family and friends and home to get married.

Best Answer

let the KIDS do what they want.<br />
Who cares.... It's awful to DEBATE this....

Best Answer

it's awful that you think it's awful.lol -joking

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

1.) Science: It does not take a marriage license to produce a child, only the two people of opposite genders. Many children have been produced without a marriage between the two adults.<br />
2.) Not all children are fortunate enough to come into this world with the care of two loving adults.<br />
3.) When two adults come together with love, and care to raise children, those children really need their caregivers to be united. Currently the civil activity of marriage is the only legal route. <br />
4.) I am gay and for nine years married in the government's eyes. Married in God's eyes for thirty years. I am a Unitarian Universalist, and ours is a religion that has been uniting same sex couples since 1969. We are committed to each other for life and to our three children for life. All three were born to couples that did not wish to care for them. They have grown to be loving, and caring adults, married to opposite sex partners. They have brought many grandchildren into our lives.<br />
5. Marriage of same gender couples is a very practical way to insure the welfare of the children in need of a loving home, that otherwise would not have that opportunity.

Best Answer

Thank u! I appreciate this...

Best Answer

I dont support it at all. It goes against Gods standards and principles for this country and also our fathers who came to this land. In a world full of evil crime and chaos I am not surprised about the gay marriage thing. The bible warns us about the days to come and how there will be no respect for God and people will do whatever they want. If I have to be persecuted because I will stick to the word of God then so be it.. Like The bible says. " Do not be Conformed to this world" and I won't.

Best Answer

The constitution states that all men are created equal......... <br />
That is all.....

Best Answer

I believe all people have the right to decide for them selves and it is not my right to tell them why to do........ nor does the government or religious groups. I accept all people as they are, where they stand today.

Best Answer

I feel like we should let people love who they want to love. The government should not have the right to dictate that. It does not hurt anyone else. Every person should have the right and opportunity to love and have the family they want....

Best Answer

I know of many homosexual couples who've been together for years, through thick and thin, who love each other, but yet because they're female/female, or male/male couples, their love is seen as wrong, immoral. How is it immoral to cherish and care for another human being? If you love someone, and you're adults, be my guests! Marry, be haolppy!

Best Answer

I agree with makesense, he does make sense. I'd also like to add my perspective as I grew up having a gay godfather who was and is a great man. My parents taught me tolerance for others and respect for others lifestyle choices even if they differ from my own. I think not having the rights married people do is an issue. The actual right to marry a same sex partner tends to bring the churchees out. <br />
I don't know why they think they should be the only ones to have a lifetime sentence and no time off for good behavior. Gays should be entitled to the same misery it's only fair.

Best Answer

Well, I have conflicting emotions on this subject. On one hand, I think that love is love, but on the other hand, it says in the bible that marriage is a holy bond between MAN and WOMAN. I support both sides, for I am able to widen my perspective. I guess I'm neutral on the subject. I hope your research project goes well!

Best Answer

I support gay marriage because I believe if their personal lives don't affect the way I live my own life, why should I not let them live theirs the way they want to with the full benefits (economic and otherwise), too?

Best Answer

Let people marry rocks if they want. Gay marriage laws are as puritanical as marijuana laws, they're absolutely silly.

Best Answer

firstly i support gay marriage <br />
that being said is it really worth all the hating that surrounds this subject <br />
consequently would it be possible to have a separate but equal term for gay unions that does not include the wording marriage in it <br />
it would have all the legal responsibilites and consequences that a marriage contract would entail

Best Answer