My piano teacher and I really like each other.... He's twelve years older then I am but we share so many interest! He teaches in a privet studio so its not like we're doing this through the school system.... I am 18.
Pianogirl1 Pianogirl1 18-21, F 16 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Dangerous. It could ruin his reputation as a teacher if people think he dates his students. Sounds like a jail bait call.

Best Answer

Young teacher, the subject

Of schoolgirl fantasy

She wants him so badly

Knows what she wants to be

Inside her there's longing

This girl's an open page

Book marking - she's so close now

This girl is half his age

Don't stand, don't stand so

Don't stand so close to me

Her friends are so jealous

You know how bad girls get

Sometimes it's not so easy

To be the teacher's pet

Temptation, frustration

So bad it makes him cry

Wet bus stop, she's waiting

His car is warm and dry

Don't stand, don't stand so

Don't stand so close to me

Loose talk in the classroom

To hurt they try and try

Strong words in the staffroom

The accusations fly

It's no use, he sees her

He starts to shake and cough

Just like the old man in

That book by Nabakov

Don't stand, don't stand so

Don't stand so close to me

Don't stand, don't stand so

Don't stand so close to me

Best Answer

Could you explain the meaning behind your poem? It's quite good!

Best Answer

geesh Toughchick... you must feel really old right now... haha. Pianogirl.. what you typed right there is exactly why it's probably not a good idea for you to date your piano teacher.

Best Answer

LOL
Not as old as Sting (:

Best Answer

So sorry! I happened to want to understand a beautiful poem better!

Best Answer
Best Answer

it's a song by The Police, Pianogirl.

Best Answer

ps. "that book by Nabokov"in the "poem" by the Police referrers to "Lolita", a book about a 37 year old man who has an affair with a 12 year old girl

Best Answer

As long as he treats you as an equal, I see no problem with it. However, him being your teacher could be a conflict of interest.

Best Answer

Do you have his home phone number and address? If not, he's possibly married.

Best Answer

he's not married! in fact i'm currently living with him as we need to work together every day:)

Best Answer

I think that either the student or teacher should leave and go to another school. Then, they can be together because no one else at that same school (they know each other) would see them together.

If the student and teacher are caught together at the same school and/or even any other public place, both of their reputations are at risk.

Best Answer

we aren't in a school... he is my private teacher/mentor.... i don't go to a traditional school, as I showed great potential as a pianist! i study at home.

Best Answer

Bad idea

Best Answer

Borderline ... It appears you are legally an adult, tho any type of "mentor" situation implies that there is an imbalance of power in the relationship, so I'd hold off on the idea of taking things to another level.

Best Answer

I have a crush on my teacher. But your special in your case because your 18, a legal adult and your piano teacher isn't in the official school system, so I don't see why not.

Best Answer

If you are in high school no way, and if you are going to college maybe, just wait mr right or mrs right will show up

Best Answer

Well, you're legal. Make sure he likes you and not just lusts after you. Unless of course that's what you want.

Best Answer

Well he asked me out! He's my best friend as well as a teacher.....

Best Answer

Well there's possibility it might work. Depends on the people involved. Is he a private teacher giving you lessons or a teacher at a school? Because teachers shouldn't date students.Too much of a conflict of interest.

Best Answer

Private:)

Best Answer

Well a lot of people would disapprove. I think it depends on how mature the two parties are. If you can stand criticism and disapproval then maybe you could do it. I sure hope he has honest motives.

Best Answer

I just noticed that you wrote in your original question that he's a private teacher .My mistake.

Best Answer

my boyfriend has another girlfriend who's 19. My boyfriend is 33. They get along great. He gives her all the understanding, solid boundaries and depth of understanding another 19 year old would never be able to provide, and he gets to have a sweet young thing to be with. It could work out. Just make sure you stay safe

Best Answer

He would never hurt me. he's pretty easy going....

Best Answer

Wrong on several levels, and in most cases can be illegal.

Best Answer

Bad idea. Wrong on so many levels.

Best Answer

Can't be good.

Best Answer