i am mainly referring to vegetables not steroids in animals new seeds and cross bread seeds
taurus32 taurus32 31-35, M 8 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Community

deplorable...

Best Answer

Its not much different than cross breeding or selecting specific crops for reproduction except the farmers have more control over the changes to the genes. Genetic engineering can be a great benefit because instead of constantly breeding new crops and waiting for a mutation that is wanted, genetic engineers can add the mutation directly. This saves a huge amount of time and can be used to solve many problems.

Crops that were considered inedible (like corn was once) or low in nutrition can be made edible or heavily nutritious. Making low cost foods very nutritious can and will benefit third world countries that have malnutrition problems.

Also, crops can not grow under any conditions. Farming is difficult and was often unsuccessful in the past. Genetically engineering food can make crops grow better under specific conditions. In the past, many people had to suffer with poor quality crops that may be considered inedible by today's first world country standards simply because it was the only crop that could be grown. People under these conditions would often select variations (mutations) that were considered more edible and use the seeds from the new mutated crops for the next planting. The problem with this is that this is extremely time consuming and unpredictable. Now that we understand what happens on the genetic level, genetic engineers can quickly and directly add the wanted change. This is something every society in the past would have fought endless wars to obtain.

Again, I do not know this topic very well. I recommend checking what I have said if you are curious about its correctness.

Best Answer

people don't understand but many of the veggies and fruits are cross breeded from some other types of stuff, now they do with genetics, the used to do by splitting seeds and putting together to grow another type of fruit or veggie.

Best Answer

I don't want to personally eat anything genetically modified, but honestly, unless you go completely organic or you grow your own veggies, you will be eating genetically modified foods. At this point, organic is out of my budget and a green house it too. :(

Best Answer

I tend to worry about that

Best Answer

Rather not eat them at all or eat anything made with them.

Best Answer