hhansen hhansen 51-55, M 20 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Community

These days even military families are collecting food stamps in record numbers, yet the US remains the world's largest and wealthiest exporter. During the worst economic crisis since the great depression the mega corporations are making record profits, while less than half of Americans even have a full time job and the jobs they have often pay nothing. Forty years of trickle down economics have only resulted in the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer, and the middle class struggling harder than ever to tread water. It's class warfare and with Obama's reelection people are beginning to fight back.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. You bring up several issues, in response to my question. I hope you don't mind me asking you another question...? What will take, in your opinion, to change things? Can things be changed? What are the driving factors at work here? Several questions....Thanks you again. Howard

Best Answer

The driving factor is the US empire is now the de facto global empire. The dollar is the basis of virtually the entire world economy and the US military is equal to the next six largest combined. Like ancient Rome the international conglomerates have run wild eating everything in sight and our government has become extremely corrupt. The solution is to regulate these conglomerates so they stop destroying the world economy and ecology, but that begins with Americans taking back control of their government to whatever extent is possible and recognizing small government and Victorian values are not a solution to the problem.

Best Answer

They suck, but somebody's gotta do them. People tend to look down upon people who work those jobs...but you must remember that we pretty much need them people. We can't all be CEO's. Somebody's gotta do the dirty work.

Best Answer

in these times a job is a miracle so should be treated like one

Best Answer

Yick.

Best Answer

companies excuse to justify exploitation of unskilled people.

Best Answer

I think that if you choose to let someone else decide what you should earn, you shouldn't complain about the pittance they decide to pay you. If you really want to make money, you should be working for yourself, not someone else-- because your purpose working for someone else is to make them money. ;)

Best Answer

I prefer the ones that pay more.

Best Answer

Still pays the bills. But of course I want some more money just like anyone else.

Best Answer

I have no disrespect for people who have them I understand it's a must for some people

Best Answer

If you already have yourself set up nicely......<br />
Low wage / no wage jobs can be very rewarding and fulfilling...<br />
But if you depend on them for a livable income.....forget it...you will not be happy.

Best Answer

Great if you own the company. ****** if you're the unfortunate one punching the clock.

Best Answer

Terrible. People don't feel valued at all.

Best Answer

I think the employers who offer insulting wages should be beaten to death with their own audacity.

Best Answer

I would rather avoid them

Best Answer

They suck.

Best Answer