I am a (straight) guy and I regularly wear gals high heel sandals in public. Have been for many years. Yes, it is different, I do get some looks, but most folks don't even notice or care - and I actually have gotten complements. The wife is OK with my heeling, which is a big plus. I just wish more guys wore heels in public, it is a lonely life out there….
Mens shoes are "ugly," gals shoes look much more stylish and attractive.

Best Answer

Nice to hear from you! I agree about men's shoes being ugly. I hate going round shoe shops as it reminds me of the difference! Any colour you like so long as it's black or brown. Any height you like so long as it's flat. This means of course that in order to blend in I wear black or brown heels! It's probably why most people don't notice and the rest don't care. The only difference for some reason is trainers (sneakers) and I don't know why. Why is it OK for a guy to wear red or yellow trainers but if he wore red or yellow shoes he'd be immediately branded gay? I think this is an insult to gays, by the way, but it's the knee-jerk reaction (with the emphasis on the second word) of a lot of people.

Best Answer

I agree with you on the style :) what made you wasn't to go out in them for the first time ? Were you nervous ?

Best Answer

I wear stilettos at home and more subtle heels up to 4.5 inches publicly. I've never had any comments.

Best Answer

Fantastic. I am similar. What's ur favorite pair ?

Best Answer

5.5 inch stilettos with no platform. I just wish I had some with locking straps

Best Answer

I have some and love them to pieces

Best Answer

Sent me a pm I'll share a few pictures

Best Answer

How tall are you?

Best Answer

Shorter than most

Best Answer

If ut makes them happy then go for it. They were originally made for men lol

Best Answer

Thanks for your support. I'm not trying to be freaky about it. I just enjoy it. But the social acceptance isn't there. Which I am okay with however so many mean looks and snide remarks. It does get To u sometimes

Best Answer

I admire this about you. Humans do not take well to change...especially if they feel that their ideologies are being threatened. Every now and then someone must be courageous enought to be THEMSELVES and challenge gender roles. When and if you receive hurtful comments, spiteful looks and negativity, Remember that you are challenging society and creating social growth. Whenever any one of us is brave enough to do the "unacceptable" we can rest assured that it is somehow helping others who are still too afraid to be themselves.

Best Answer

I could hug u. Thank you

Best Answer

Where snouts do you live.

Best Answer

US. :)

Best Answer

Abouts*

Best Answer

I really liked your response. Very encouraging and supportive.

Best Answer

Wow, sounds empowering and a bit lonely all at the same time, I'm going to have to go for it aren't I ? Then there well be more of us

Best Answer

Same here. In the right coast. ☺️

Best Answer

I live right around the nation's capital!

Best Answer

Central va for me

Best Answer

That sounds weird...

Best Answer

In the past, men's shoes had heels.

Best Answer

I agree. But what about the fashion of today. Heels like stilettos and Pantene pumps ? As long as they can walk in them obviously.

Best Answer

If they wanna wear em, go for it.

Best Answer

probably

Best Answer