In your opinion...what is the difference between loving the person and being IN love?
growwhereyouglow growwhereyouglow 36-40, F 19 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I think it's just a way for someone to beat around the bush because they have no idea if they love someone or not.

In a relationship .. you're in love/you love someone .. it's all the same thing. You might not like someone all the time and still love them .. but loving and being in love .. same thing IMO.

Best Answer

I think the difference is being in love with the person... and just loving the idea of the person, having them around, etc.

Best Answer

I agree...the 'in love' person you want to ravish...the 'love' person you want to cuddle :}

Best Answer

Well put. Although I'm stuck cuddling my teddy bear lol

Best Answer

HAHA...do you ravish that teddy bear ;} I will admit...I love my teddy bear :P My mom made it for me...I adore that thing, it's very special.

Best Answer

lol No I don't... at least not on purpose lol

Best Answer

"Love" for a person is more about care and concern as I would feel for friends and family.

"In love" would be a deep romantic, passionate feeling I have for a partner.

Sometimes that in-love feeling fades away to just love, for some partners that's good enough but it wouldn't be for me.

Best Answer

It means caring for the person vs having a sexual/romantic interest in them.

Best Answer

story of my pst 5 years...to me the diffrence easily said..inlove -you feel special just being around them and they make you happy sometimes butterflies and all....love-you would be hurt if something happend to them..stuff like that..

Best Answer

what's the difference? Well, with one you stay married, and the other you do no.

Best Answer

I wonder how many people stay with the person they 'love' thinking this is what 'love' must be. Then I wonder with all the 'sexless' marriage groups in abundance here...is it that they have love but zero intimacy...or worse...none of the above...and yet they still stay. Boggles my mind.

Best Answer

love without intimacy seems like a complete waste

Best Answer

....it so does...I would shrivel up and DIE! Utter TORTURE!

Best Answer

I f*cking hate that saying. what the hell does it mean. "I love him, but I'm not in love" The law states I'm allowed to hit somebody in the nose with a Barbie when that's said.

Best Answer

...HAHA...with a Barbie eh? Why not go for a GI Joe hit ;}

Best Answer

Yep sounds familiar, I still love my ex but not in love with him, passion is gone

Best Answer

exactly...the passion...I came up with that word to in relation to this thought

Best Answer

The only prob is that we never really had much of it from the beginning ha, so what to hold onto but it's ok

Best Answer

...just curious and if this is too personal, you can ignore...but have you played with ways to get that passion back?

Best Answer

The dreaded moment when you love someone and they respond that way to let you know in a "friendly" manner they don't love you in the same way.

Best Answer

I love many people but I am in love wth ony one..There are many levels of love such as love for your family ond love for your friends being in love with your parter is a love all in it's own

Best Answer

Good point...however in regards to just your partner this statement has come up numerous times, people will say 'I love him, but not in love with him'...I was curious what that meant to people.

Best Answer

Just as you can fall in love with a person you can fall out the thing is I was married for 21 years and at one time I was in love with him...He abused that love and even tho i'm no longer in love with him I can't just stop loving him somewhere in my heart

Best Answer

I can totally understand what you're saying...

Best Answer

i think it is so true, there are time's i a deeply in love with my husband of 26 years and then there are day where i love him

when feeling IN LOVE there is a much more intence connected feeling

Best Answer

I can totally understand what you're saying. Long term, 'standing the test of times relationships' have a mix of both...

Best Answer

In love indicates a desire for sex in the relationship. The statement is usually made to attempt to communicate a candidate for sex is loved but not desired sexually. It is rarely believed by the recipient of the message who tends to have insight as to why the sex intends to be avoided and just agrees to the sentiment.

Best Answer

So 'in love'...you want to have sex with the person...love...not so much...makes sense...that passion needs to be there for the 'in love' part. I guess in a relationship I think about is it ALL in love or a mix of both...I'm thinking it's a mix of both at times.

Best Answer

It's only a good relationship with a mix, that's for sure.

Best Answer