sillyginger sillyginger 22-25, F 26 Answers Apr 3, 2011

Religion should be treated as a Mental Disorder

Best Answer

To each their own.<br />
I don't really have 'spiritual' views. I'm atheist... I believe in people and hardcore facts.

Best Answer

there are two views to have: 1. we all came from nothing, which is impossible. 2. something always existed and created us. i believe in a higher power.

Best Answer

I believe in believe in a single, Formless God, with many names, who can be known through meditation. I believe in samsara (the repetitive cycle of birth, life and death), karma (the accumulated sum of one's good and bad deeds, and reincarnation the belief of a rebirth following death. Each individual has many reincarnations, but being born a human means the soul is nearing the end of rebirth. God judges each soul at death and may either reincarnate the soul or, if pure enough, allow it to rest with him.

Best Answer

Religion is rarely analysed rationally and fairly. Christianity, for example, has contributed strongly to many of the strengths in society, such as human rights (read Jefferson, for example. I'm not american), the dignity of the poor, etc. It has also been used to contribute to many evils. Few of these evils are inherent in the religion - but in the backward thinking of some of its proponents. This is true of most of the major religions. <br />
My agnostic agonisings over everything include spirituality. Even atheists need space for 'spiritual' reflection; sorting through their values in life rather than compromising ourselves; reflecting on where we are going, on meaning, on events in our lives, bringing our being into a settled space where we function in harmony with ourselves rather than being dominated by a runaway mind, emotion or bodily functions.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more. People also tend to manipulate religion to benefit them as well, I feel that some of the people who go to church have the darkest secrets. They use religion as a facade to disguise their true identity. I keep an open mind, I can't say that I follow a certain religion strictly. I more so follow Buddhism, but that's a way of life, not a religion. <br /><br />I do believe in good and evil, I also believe since the beginning of time there has been a spiritual war of good versus evil and always will be. Religion has caused a lot of problems, maybe not religion itself, but some of the believers have. I wish I knew why it was so hard for some of us to accept other people's religions?

Best Answer

Religious view - changes like the weather, but still has the same seasons. Spiritual view - everyday the sun sets, it always rises again after the darkness the next day. Enough said.

Best Answer

I believe there is a hgher power, don't bibles or religions

Best Answer

I am agnostic leaning towards atheist. I do not believe in organized religion but respect other people's right to believe whatever they want to. I do believe life is more fullfilling when you treat others with respect, love, and kindness. And, that each person has to find their own meaning in life.

Best Answer

Religion is divine education.<br />
Without this education, humanity cannot make progress.<br />
All their physical, mental spiritual efforts are vainless.

Best Answer

Which is why the middle east is a utopia and more secular nations are hellholes (sarcasm).

Best Answer

There no war of religion in the Middle East'
it is the abuse of religious label. All religions only
spread and practice the message of peace.

Best Answer

I do not claim to be Christian, Religious or Spiritual. I am a Believer in Jesus Christ. I love Him with all my heart, mind and spirit. <br />
My views <br />
I Love Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and Savior and my God with everything I am.<br />
I Love my neighbors, as I Love myself and as Jesus Loves me.

Best Answer

I'm an atheist, so I don't exactly have spiritual views. Religion is a mass delusion.

Best Answer

We are all cut from the same fabric but ignorance leads us not to recognize that fact. I believe very similarly to Dave.

Best Answer

I agree. We let religion, wealth status, and politics drive humanity apart. If we could just unite and accept each other for who we are, just imagine what we could accomplish and how beautiful the world would be.

Best Answer

Religion is another way to procrastinate discovering what personal relationships are with life. Spirit exists beyond perspective.

Best Answer

I think that it's dangerous to let people to have irrational beliefs without criticizing them because those beliefs can influence how people vote, and thus can ruin lives for no justified reason. They can also cause social struggles and hold back scientific progress. If you have to believe garbage to cope with the world, the least you could do is not bring children into it.

Best Answer

as for me, i don't follow a strict religion i believe in a god i choose and talk or worship him the way i want, of course my elders ( not my family others..) have given me some guidelines and i do follow them but basically i think its important to spare some time for that stronger force you believe in....

Best Answer

i take the howard stern approach even before i knew of it i believe just in case i practice as a christian and santeria in my own home but i believe churches are just social groups so one has witnesses to their faith i just never felt right in a church setting

Best Answer

Buddhist

Best Answer

I'm not religious. But I believe lessons such as compassion can be learned from religions that are not dominated by close-minded, unthoughtful people. <br />
I am very spiritual. I constantly think in terms of spirituality. As for my views, I have many. First and most importantly, I believe that I, and all living things, have a soul. I believe this soul is eternal, and incarnates many, many times. I think that because we humans are inquisitive and self-aware, it is our duty to further our collective and individual grasp on spiritual concepts. Unfortunately, due to the mass materialism in the Western world, this is difficult, because materialism and true spirituality only exist apart. <br />
Peace and love to all.<br />
Read "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse if you're interested in spirituality, it's a good place to start.

Best Answer

It's all about knowing Jesus and walking with Him closely. Otherwise you don't stand a chance.<br />
edit: Has there ever been a god in all of history who made himself more known and felt than the God of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Has there ever been anyone in the whole history of the earth who spoke words as profound as those of Jesus? Has there ever been anyone in blood and flesh who has never done a single thing wrong or selfish other than Jesus? Has there ever been anyone in all history who has performed miracles and signs and wonders on earth like Jesus did? He healed whole crowds of 20 000 + at times. Is there any name in all of the universe that has as much power and authority as the name of Jesus? Is there any god that answers prayers and makes himself known other than Jesus?<br />
Do you realize how profound was Jesus' influence on this world?<br />
There is no other god than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. There never was and there never will be.

Best Answer

So you believe that every other religion in the world is wrong?

Best Answer

Quite a bit of people in each religion reject all others. So yes, I assume so. Though you know what they say about assuming. It make an *** out of u and me. *** u me, just to explain.

Best Answer

I know that we all believe in something weather it is nothing. We reach out to something to ground us or give us hope. As humans we act in instinct and emotional thoughts. We feel the truth in our emotional souls. The fact that we have no idea of what is waiting for us at our last breath is scary. That was probably a thought we had coming out our mothers wound. So for now be kind to each other and go with the flow.<br />
GOD

Best Answer