TheChurchLady TheChurchLady 46-50, F 20 Answers Aug 16, 2012 in Community

Currently reading: The Count Of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Favorite book: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Best Answer

Just last night, I finished "Red Dragon." Today, I'll start on "Silence of the Lambs." I just acquired the fourth one, so I'm doing the series, back to back. I may not sleep for awhile, though.

Favorite books are anything by Clive Barker or Richard Laymon.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Laymon is a relatively unknown who is fantastic. He died young and never got famous like King or any of them. But he is as good if not better, if you like that kind of books.

Best Answer

I've never read the fourth one, so I thought I'd read them in a row like they were meant to be read. :)

Best Answer

used to read Cliver Barker when I was younger; got halfway through Imagica and had to put it down. Haven't picked up anything else by him since

Best Answer

Imajica is fantastic stuff. What an imagination! :)

Best Answer

Ian Rankin The Black Book, Dalai Lama Daily Advice from the Heart, Stephen King The Dome

Best Answer

I am currently reading Wind Through the Keyhole, by Stephen King.

My favourite book would be nearly anything by Robert A Heinlein. (it's hard to pick a fave.)

Or More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestions!

Best Answer

You're welcome. If I'd known you were looking for suggestions, I would have mentioned Forest Things by Gerald di Pego. If you can find it, it is well worth reading.

Best Answer

shouod I bother reading "It" by Steven King?

Best Answer

I liked it, but it is a long long book and a kind of gory story. If you like that kind of thing, then go for it; but I think if you are looking for a really long book, The Stand by Stephen King is a better read. It has a better story.

Best Answer

kill alex cross. favourite is the dark tower - stephen king

Best Answer

The Dark Tower series is great. Have you read all seven?

Best Answer

Dark tower? Never heard of it....

Best Answer

3 times Eugene ..

Best Answer

I loved the Alex Cross series

Best Answer

till kyle got killed.. ;| that sucked.. but aye, alex cross ftw :)

Best Answer

Dark tower is also called the gunslinger series. There are seven books.

Best Answer

7 books long church lady (dark tower) its a good fun read, unlike the rest of SK's crap lol

Best Answer

El Sicario, currently.

Favourite book, so far, The Bourne Identity.

Best Answer

The Red Pyramid

Best Answer

I am reading Fifty shades of grey..theres a bit of a story to it. Shall see. Naughty me..i know..probably not a good idea.

Best Answer

currently reading A Journey to the center of the earth by Jules Verne, then i have the Mysterious Island to follow.

Favourite books: anything by Clive Cussler or Chris Ryan.

Best Answer

47 different ways to prepare broccoli

Best Answer

The Israel Omen part 2.

Best Answer

At the moment I'm not reading any books. But my all time favourite book is Jane Eyre.

Best Answer

Just finished "Znasz Li Ten Kraj" and now wayting for New Moon to start Mahabharata.

Best Answer

I'm currently reading Hemi in the Barn....a collection of stories about searching for and restoring classic cars. One of my favorite books is The Kite Runner.....a wonderful book about committment, betrayal and redemption that is set in Afghanistan

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Choke and purge can't remember authors :-)

Best Answer