AngelEyes232 AngelEyes232 18-21, F 21 Answers Oct 5, 2011

Stop setting him on fire.

Best Answer

Encourage him gently,the more you may nag at him the less he will listen.

Best Answer

get off his back??..........so to speak ;-)

Best Answer

It's true that it has to be his own decision. But, by letting him know that you want him to stop smoking only means that you care. If you see this relationship as serious and long term then you both have some important decisions ahead of you. If its pretty clear that he is not going to quit then I don't think you should invest much more time and effort in the relationship. Do you want your kids to grow up with a Dad who smokes?<br />
In response to those who say "well if he was smoker when you met him then it shouldn't be a problem for you now": that's a flawed argument. At the beginning of a new relationship most people aren't basing their feelings on whether someone smokes or not. It stands to reason that the more time you spend with someone, the closer you feel, the more you start caring about them. When you start caring deeply about someone you obviously find it hard to keep supporting a bad habit, especially one that leads to lung cancer, decrease in quality of life, and even death down the line. There is absolutely nothing wrong in wanting or asking your significant other to stop smoking cigarettes. In the end, only they have the ability to make that decision but you have the ability to decide whether its worth the heartache.

Best Answer

If you knew he was this way from the beginning and stood with him anyway, then what's so different about it now that you can't accept it? This is his call. You can never make anyone do anything, but you can have some influence. You can just remind him of how dangerous it is. How when he gets a little older, he may lose some independence in his health, such as being really sick or having organ failure. But smokers pretty much know the risks. You just have to accept him as he is.

Best Answer

Offer sex and sexual favors in exchange for his urges to smoke, take them away temp. when he does. <br />
>Let him know that your love for and from him is so meaningful to you that do not miss one minute of shared time together simply because of a poor choice.<br />
>Get honest straight forward information on the causes of smoking, but don't jam in down his throat.<br />
>Sugar free gum & candies can help to subdue urges and give one oppertunity to develope a new healthier oral habit.<br />
>After 3-4 days the physical urges stop drinking fruit juice can also help, however the mentle and emotional ones can continue.<br />
> There are available online free stop smoking progams with a buddy system to intereact and monitor progress along with offering simple rewards.

Best Answer

My boyfriend stopped for me, but it has to be his decision to quit. <br />
Its really good for you to share your feelings about smoking and let him know how much you hate it (I absolutely hate the smell + i have asthma lol) <br />
I'm not saying if he loves you he'll automatically just quit for you, but he should at least hear you out and take your words into consideration. It took my boyfriend 2 years to finally just stop doing it completely. Although he'll still do it socially like on his birthday or mine at a party and i'm fine with that. I understand how hard it can be when 40 other people are smoking and he can't. Its just one night so I'm sure that can't hurt him anymore that the excessive alcohol hurts on that night lol. But he did start out by making sure he only smoked when i wasn't around / he smoked only outside so the smoke wouldn't linger in our home. then he gradually grew to not smoking at all other than the times i mentioned before. <br />
Time, patience, love and understanding. Oh, and lots of communicating.<br />
But don't nag, don't be angry, be supportive and loving. Its not easy quitting (I don't know from personal experience because I've never gotten addicted to smoking) but I've watched my dad quit and my boyfriend, and there are some really rough days lol very cranky days :P <br />
Just remember they'll pass, he doesn't want to feel that way anymore that you want him to be feeling that way. He's doing something good for you.<br />
Good luck!! <br />
and talk talk talk :D

Best Answer

sweet,, but you see I am not around him so it would be hard his really far from me,, we are in a LDR I rarely see him,, but we made a promise that whenever he smokes he let me know,, and what I am trying to do is talk to him and talk and talk and keep him busy with me so he would forget about it,,
wont give up I know he can do it ^_^ thanks hun

Best Answer

Sweet! i love the support. You go girl! Best of luck to the both of yaz :D

Best Answer

its cute u want ur bf to stop smoking but uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm ........smoking to me is apart of me stopping wud make my life miserable.............i wud need a massuse and therapist at the same ..........everytime i want to smoke cant afford that ,,,,,,sooooooooo my cigerate its koolllllllll 4 now

Best Answer

just try it wont hurt ^_^

Best Answer

Like all addictions, he must be the one who wants to change. <br />
Give him a choice: its either me or the cigs, you can't have both & stick to it. <br />
Its been 2 weeks and I haven't had a cigarette. It's hard but not impossible, I usually crumble when I drink heavily or hangout with friends that smoke. It's all about breaking habits.

Best Answer

I am happy for you,, keep it going :)
yeah its a good way ,, thank you

Best Answer

Tell him you don't like the smoke and you do believe the hype about tobacco killing people. <br />
Tell him the truth and see how you two go through it.

Best Answer

been trying to tell him that but didn't help, it helped for awhile then again he started again,, now I am trying again,, and I want to do it in a better way

Best Answer

Don't give up. Stay true to yourself, I'm sure you don't nag, you just care.

Best Answer

I don't nag at all I always say it in a caring way and he says it himself, I am really being true to myself and to him, I always try my best...

Best Answer

chop his fingers off.

Best Answer

lol,,, yeah its a good idea :P

Best Answer

if you are going to try to change him, start with something smaller

Best Answer

like what somthing smaller :)?

Best Answer

was he smoking when you met him?, if so then nagging him to stop will only bring arguments, i am not trying to be mean, i am just giving you my advice

Best Answer