No one ever plays with him or even walks outside to check on him! He sits out there alone, whining and barking for some kind of attention. I can't call the cops because he really isn't being "abused" in their eyes. And I don't know the neighbors so I would feel incredibly out-of-bounds if I just walked up and talked about it with them. What can I do??? Update: I now walk the dog daily and she's a sweetheart!
SpiritOfTheRabbit SpiritOfTheRabbit 31-35, F 16 Answers Sep 9, 2012 in Pets

Leave a letter in your neighbor's mailbox that sounds something like this:<br />
Hi, I am your neighbor across the street. I hate to impose on your good nature but I was wondering if you could help me with my new exercise program? I need to walk three or four times a week, and it's so difficult not to make excuses and stay at home!!! I was wondering if you would allow me to walk your dog as a form of motivation? It would get me out, and moving, and I would certainly appreciate the help. Please let me know. My number is XXX-XXXX.

Best Answer

That's.... freaking brilliant. I may try it!

Best Answer

Rolle, you have come up with a fabulous idea. SpiritoftheRabbit, what a wonderful person you are to want to help that poor dog.

Best Answer

I know how you feel. I will never understand why people want a dog they don't want!<br />
It is heart breaking.

Best Answer

Offer to walk the doggie for his owners.

Best Answer

That's.... freaking brilliant. She may try it!
9/9/12 4:51 pm...ha ha ha ..isn't it a strange thing?

Best Answer

IT IS ABUSE & ONE OF THE WORSE KIND! LETTING HIM GO FREE IS BETTER THEN THAT! I sincerely despise ppl who get animals & don't even give them the time of day! Out of bounds w/hounds? They are out of line...let my beings of free nature go! Call the animal control--use anonymity, deny it. These ppl are not worth the time of day if they can torture animal/s! How w/they like being locked up & outside 24/7?u me anyone, they too have souls, they too have personality’s etc...<br />
They too deserve attention, respect & freedom...k. Please do something. I not ur typical person of one being the complaining type & i respect ppl's space, but when one can't help themselves, we need to be thier voice!<br />
>^-;-^< halp me woof! I need mew speak4me-k? I will do pleanty good for you,that's wut I do barsk! (best)

Best Answer

Call the animal control officer and see if there is any ordinances about that.

Best Answer

Yea, ask if you can take the dog for a walk

Best Answer

It takes a few minites out of ones life to say & to do..actions proves louder of honer, loyalty’s & makes miracles & mountains move! What a few words can do, a few moments out of ones life can make pitiful wonderful! <br />
One freaking deed out of ur lazy descusting naihgbors life...let the dam dog go if! <br />
~Pain is enviable, suffering is optional~

Best Answer

I way hope his tether isn't all short. I'm huge dog fan,, 2-3 yrs back a truly asswipe neighbor got all in my face, my Akita pissed on his mailbox POST, he says 'ur dog does it again i'll kill him'. Veins near burst out his face. All calm me said ' u ******* *****,, u kill my dog and u'll be dead same hour,,, D ****** called sheriff on me, 20-30 mins later, 2 deputys loling,, they took him away, <br />
Anyway if ur neighbors dog seems abused to u,, call 'animal control'

Best Answer

Make and serve it an ethylene glycol colada

Best Answer

Even though you don't know the neighbors well, get a friend to go with you and talk to them and see if they would give you the dog. If you do not want it, find a good home to place it. It deserves more of a life than that.

Best Answer

If he isn't being physically harmed, there's nothing that you can do about it. My neighbours do the same thing with their dog. I don't know how they can live with themselves.

Best Answer

Adopt him.<br />
Call the humane society.<br />
Dognap him and give him to someone who will love him.<br />
Share custody. That way he can have love and you don't have a dog really. Course you must pick up his poop.

Best Answer

Call the SPCA anyway

Best Answer