Macrajat Macrajat 22-25, M 15 Answers Jan 16, 2013 in Emotional Health

I only wish i knew:-(

Best Answer

....still wondering myself...

Best Answer

Interesting

Best Answer

I don't know that they ever heal. You have to learn how to live with them. I can't tell you how to do that, cuz it's different for everyone. I can tell you that the easiest way for me to get past something is to make a new something. As many new somethings as I can. That way, the sh!t that bothers me gets buried. If I can pile enough new on top of the old, it can't find it's way back to the surface. The things that have cut me will never be gone, they are a part of me. If not for the grief I've endured, I wouldn't be who I am today, and it turns out I like me.

Best Answer

I haven't a clue. Even when I thought they were healed it turned out they were just festering.

Best Answer

Build on your self confidence, esteem and find yourself distractions or hobbies you enjoy doing, make new friends who like you for who you are, care for you... eventually even though the scars wont go completely, they wont throb in pain as much.

Best Answer

I dont heal them, i wear them with pride. My mental scars make me who i am, without them, i would be a much worse man.

Best Answer

I wish I knew. I had a rotten childhood, an alcoholic father and a mother that had to work, I enlisted in the army in 1970, just to escape. I served in Vietnam and had to kill people. It pained me years later when my daughter finally asked me about it. I survived six close encounters with death outside the war, most recently a few year back when I was in a coma for three months on life support. It took another four months to recover. I am also transgender, something it took me 60 years to accept and I have been living as a woman full time for the past five months. I have come out to my family about it, but I know my kids look at it as losing their father. I love my new life and will never go back. It doesn't heal any old scars, and may cause new ones in the future, but at least I am honest with myself at last

Best Answer

All my respects to you for the kind of life you have lived and emerging as a winner.

Best Answer

Thank you, My name is Teri now and I am pleased to meet you

Best Answer

Time...

Best Answer

Scars take time to heal especially those kind there are somethings that simply cannot be rushed but meditations may help...

Best Answer

Eat some Ben & Jerry's.

Best Answer