enchantedebonybutterfly enchantedebonybutterfly 31-35, F 6 Answers Aug 19, 2012 in Health

I wanted to be an astronomer. I didn't do well enough for a scholarship and my parents had no money to put me through college so I joined the Army. While in, what I witnessed made me want to stay. I ended up serving 12 years. Too much time on that path. I could never return to the previous. I am now an amateur astronomer and do what I can in that capacity while still holding down a job to support my family.

Best Answer

Oh, I salute you. Thank you for serving. My brother was in a similar situation. Though, I think he is going the whole 20 years in the Air Force. An amateur astronomer may know more than the professionals.

Best Answer

TY and thank your brother for serving as well. I don't dare think I am as good as a pro but I know my interest level is very high because I do it without pay. :)

Best Answer

That is why, you maybe better than the pros.

Best Answer

As a child I wanted to be a grade schook teacher. As I grew up I realized I am not patient enough to deal with some of the parents. So I changed career goals and became a nurse instead.

Best Answer

That is a great career field to be in.

Best Answer

Thank you. At times I wonder.... (ha ha ha)

Best Answer

Paleontologist and no...

Best Answer

That is a great choice and most people change their career choices a few times before getting it right for themselves.

Best Answer

I wanted to be a teacher. I live in florida... so I didn;t realize until i was older that they get paid like crap. soooo i changed my career path, luckily i changed before i started school, I'm going to be an physicist.

Best Answer

Yes, teachers get paid hardly anything.That is a great career choice. Good luck

Best Answer

I think only people who are dedicated to education should be teachers. Very few do it because of the pay. You know their hearts are vested in it.

Best Answer

I do feel like teachers have the most important job in the WORLD! it's sad that their pay is not good. I did feel like that. i was dedicated. but i mean, i need to live too, you know?

Best Answer

Very true statements. Teachers do have the most important job. But think you said we all have to make an living.

Best Answer

I totally understand. I am dong a job to support my family now. It has nothing to do with my dream. Reality supersedes dreams when you have responsibilities to others.

Best Answer