As said above, im 17 years old. I have started to pass out this summer and as time has gone on i have passed out a total of 7 times. each time has become more frequent and has lasted much much longer. the most recent attack was by far the absolute worst. the last episode was Saturday October 27, 2012 at my friends house; i was unconscious for 25 minutes but not cognizant for another 45 minutes. Along with becoming more frequent and longer in length of time i also lose a good 2-3 hours of my memory. Please help me and my family to find an answer/diagnosis. My school has been great help to us but none of us me nor my family can keep living our lives like this. P.S. each time i got ambulanced to Children's hospital but they never do anything. this most recent attack they admitted me because it was the 2nd attack in a row but ran no tests and released me in a way of "oh well" the next day. please help us in ANY way you could. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!!!! thank you
ejPark12 ejPark12 16-17, F 22 Answers Oct 31, 2012 in Health

It could be a number of things from low blood sugar to iron deficiency. The one thing I know for sure is that you should go see a doctor and ask him/her. Don't ask people on EP, we don't know what is wrong with you.

Best Answer

Your parents really need to find medical help for you. Regardless of what someone could suggest on here, it would need following up in the real world. A good start would be finding a neurologist to check you over. Good luck, but your parents really need to press the doctors for an answer.

Best Answer

Most of us are not doctors so we won't be much help, tell her to go see one and get checked out.

Best Answer

there can be many reasons for you to faint. have your parents set up a doctor's appointment for you as soon as possible. keep a journal of what happened before after and during the spell. Also let them know about weather conditions. In the summer we often get to overheated and are dehydrated. But please see a doctor.

Best Answer

I used to pass out too. Regularly. With no known reason. Same age group, no "real" problems.

Try eating regularly (fruit is good), make sure your clothes are made of natural fabrics (synthetics make you sweat without knowing it and you could faint), keep close to an open window, drink enough water, make sure your clothes are loose.

If you feel "whoozy", head straight down to your knees and stay there until you feel better.

Avoid heavy perfume (it's a chemical trigger for some) on your own body, and avoid people who wear heavy perfume (ditto).

Best Answer

You go to your family doctor,and he will do some tests. The result of that process will determine the next step, for example: what medication, or what specialists, need to be involved. But you need to do this, and you need to do this quickly. Your possibility of pasing out, and getting hurt in the process, is a huge risk.

Best Answer

get a referral to a neurosurgeon....but in the mean time make sure youre hydrated....eating well and ENOUGH....watch your salt and sugar intake and if you can feel it starting.....make sure someone is there and maybe even make some mental or written down notes.....its probably not anything serious, but it IS scary and its not something you wanna play with....get some medical help asap!!

Best Answer

id be interested in knowing what you find out too

Best Answer

Check the most obvious first

Blood sugar

Hydration

Electrolytes

Then neurological

Circulation

More exotic

Note: I am not a dr, see one only they can properly diagnose

Best Answer

Have had any head trauma in past or present?

Best Answer

Likely Syncope - lightheaded - fainting spells... A temporary decrease in blood flow to the brain results in unconsciousness, or fainting. It`s a common disorder in teenagers and can be diagnosed relatively easily, often caused by improper diet, salt intake and insufficient water intake... However as already stated you need to see your family physician `(Now) and receive a proper diagnosis before you end up injuring yourself during one of your fainting spells...

Best Answer

go see a cardiologist. it could be a heart condition causing you to pass out. also, if your parents don't have insurance, thats the most likely reason why a hospital would just send you home. they won't do any real treatment without insurance coverage.

you're a child, and it's wrong for a hospital to turn you away !! get help as soon as you can. :)

Best Answer

find a good doctor......if you can't afford one & don't have insurance email doctor zamelis @ zmed ....... explain the situation & that your sans $ and insurance and he'll help......most amazing diagnostician i've ever seen and a very dear friend ......

Best Answer

Try going to medhelp.org It might help with your situation..........What you explained, it sounds like a seizure, but not completely sure.

Best Answer

Do you fall over?

Are your eyes open and do you swallow?

Also do your limbs move or twitch?

Best Answer