Post
my dad has one so i am just wondering
bullgirl104 bullgirl104 16-17, F 13 Answers Apr 23, 2012

Your Response

Cancel

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize so many people were uneducated about ulcers and I put the blame squarely on doctors and health providers. 10% of all stomach ulcers are caused by heavy and prolonged use of nsaids (painkillers such as Ibuprofen, aspirin etc) and the remaining whopping 90% of all stomach ulcers are caused by a bacterial infection named Helicobacter Pylori. To make things a little more confusing there are 2 strains of this bacteria at least, 1 is called vacA and the other is cagA, vacA usually causes no problems and can even be beneficial to some people but cagA has pathogenic islands which release toxins and cause inflammation of the stomach lining which then protrudes through your protective mucous barrier and is eroded by your own stomach acid which causes stomach ulcers, this was proved by an Australian scientist in 1983 after he drank a culture of these bacteria and then cured himself with antibiotics but still it took until 2001-2002 for doctors to start testing for this and to start prescribing antibiotics for it - why it took so long I have no idea and even now some older doctors are so set in their ways they just prescribe ant-acids I also have to wonder if drug companies held this back for a long time as patients with stomach ulcers were like a gold mine for pharmaceutical companies as at the time there was no cure and the patients would usually have to be treated with their pills and potions for life whereas a simple blood test tests for antibodies to this bacteria and then patients found to be infected can be treated with triple therapy, which is 2 strong antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor, the antibiotics kill the bacteria and the PPI (proton pump inhibitor) prevents your stomach from making acid so that the stomach ulcer can heal without aggravation from stomach acid, over 1/2 the worlds population has this infection sometimes from birth passed on by your mother in the womb and it is believed to have been around for nearly 50,000 years in humans since we came out of Africa but only causes problems in a selected few (me being 1 of them). I f you have a stomach ulcer it is through taking excessive pain-killers or medication occasionally but 90% are caused by Helicobacter Pylori so please get yourself tested for this if you suspect you have a stomach ulcer.

Best Answer

Am worried about too much acid in my stomach and I got tablets for it how long does it take to go away

Best Answer

I wanted to ask a question I have a ucler I'm 18 yrs and I'm a girl I had sharp pains here and there but normally not all the time.last night I ate some cabbage and drank cabbage juice is there another way I can stop my ucler before it gets worse?

Best Answer

They have found as of a few years ago it has to do with a bacterial infection. That is maybe why one of the people here got antibiotics. Be a ware that it can erode your stomach lining and you can die from it. Research further on this to know the whole story.

Best Answer

Stress causes it and it doesn't go away they can give you medicine to help it but it never goes away.

Best Answer

Lots of things can cause an ulcer, I had one for a long time and i didn't get it treated it got really bad and started bleeding i had to get rushed to hospital and i couldn't eat for a long time. It was intense pain for along time, they treated me with allot of antibiotics everyday for 2 weeks and although i was in pain i couldn't take any pain killers because they irritate the ulcer. The doctor told me it was a combination of stress, a bad diet and at the time i was drinking allot (alcohol) which didn't help. If you think you have an ulcer go to the doctors and get it treated early and it will be anywhere near as bad.

Best Answer

stress

Best Answer

Tylonal gave me ulcers , any ibroprophine.

Best Answer

You can avoid this by not missing any meal plus not stressing too much.

Best Answer

An ulcer is caused by excess acid or a thin mucous layer protecting your stomach. take acid inhibitors and antibiotics if you're positive for H pyllory. but check with a doctor to make sure =)

Best Answer

Related Questions