holloway64 holloway64 46-50, M 15 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Health

New York & LA, but much dumber in LA.

Best Answer

I completely agree.

Best Answer

Hey I AM cool & I loved NY. Not LA though... fake people & no culture... all frustrated wannabe actors.

Best Answer

NO COMMENT

Best Answer

Miami

Best Answer

really. Is it the transplanted New Yorker who make it that way?

Best Answer

Please.

Best Answer

los angeles on the west and new york in the east biggest bunch of a holes god ever put air into

Best Answer

Likewise :P hmmm name calling that makes YOU THE RUDE ONE HERE.

Best Answer

my apologies and your right

Best Answer

I am originally from Boston, I have lived in NYC, Georgia, and now LA. The thing about people making eye contact is something I love, because you don't get that in NYC and Boston. I can pretty much walk up to anyone and strike up a conversation. Can't do that In NYC or Boston. I do prefer Boston though. It has a more collegiate social atmosphere that is more suitable for my conversational needs.

Best Answer

Obviously. New York City. They act like ******* savages. Though my heart goes out to those who are struggling with the aftereffects of hurricane Sandy.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I said that they ACT LIKE savages. Not that they ARE savages. Big difference.

Best Answer

And by calling me rude, according to your logic, you also must be rude.

Best Answer

As I said before, I find the tourist who come here to be very rude. But we like their money

Best Answer

My sympathy is genuine. I have family there. In fact. I have relatives who lost everything and I am flying them out to stay with me until they get things sorted out. I have friends there. Also, they are human beings and Americans. When they suffer, I suffer. You can keep your hostility. Your response only reinforces my observation.

Best Answer

Tourist anywhere usually suck. Especially the American ones. They seem to display an uncanny lack of respect or understanding of local culture.

Best Answer

I never said that YOU ARE SAVAGES, I said that YOU ACT LIKE SAVAGES. Two completely different and distinct characterizations. Plus, every region, culture and society as some degree of savagery. It's part of who we are. If I offended you, and I can easily see how I did so. I apologize, as offending you or other New Yorkers was not my intent.

Best Answer

Los Angeles! I used to live there, though it all really depends on what you define as rude! <br />
They take forever to cross the street, like the rest of us have nothing to do than sit there and wait a year, they make to much eye contact, like they want to bond with strangers, I thinks its intrusive. They are slow...time is money and time is short, get to the point so that I can get on with the rest of what I need to do....they drag things out like a bad habit and so on.<br />
You see where I grew up the behavior of westerners is rude to us, and vice versa.<br />
95% of Americans have no idea how this is...but we do..Proof is in these story links on the topic.<br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-A-New-Yorker/2695117" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-From-New-York-City/2589055" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a>

Best Answer

New York & Boston (which is NYC North) when it <br />
comes to cabbies.

Best Answer

The one in which the most people insult you in? I don't know. I had heard all the talk about New Yorkers being incredibly rude but in the week I spent there, I met almost exclusively nice people. Except for one cab driver.

Best Answer

Idk...I've been all over and people have been pretty cool.

Best Answer

All of them ;-)

Best Answer