I know there's the heavy drinking, getting drunk every day stuff you see in movies and what not, but can someone actually give me statistics? Like how many glasses of wine a night makes you an alcoholic? or how many bottles of wine a week makes you an alcoholic? Thanks x
Jessie116 Jessie116 16-17, F 5 Answers Apr 24 in Health

If you're worried that you are an alcoholic than go to the numerous websites that have self-tests for alcoholism. I don't think there's an exact figure of how much alcohol makes an alcoholic. People have different tolerances depending on gender and weight. You may be an alcoholic if you can not control your intake. In other words if you can't stop at one drink, if you get drunk every time you drink then that is a sign. If you have blackouts regularly you may be an alcoholic. If you crave alcohol all the time and your life revolves around drinking, that's a sign. But your best bet is to go to those websites and take a short test.

Best Answer

It's not always the sheer volume of drinks consumed, but the behavior associated with it. There are people who only drink on the weekends with disastrous results and that's problem drinking. It has to do with how one mentally relates to alcohol. They don't have to be hitting the bottle every second. But if someone is even pondering the question, there is a huge chance it is an issue in their life.

Best Answer

I would say an alcoholic is someone that pretty drinks nothing but alcohol, so it depends on the amount that individual person drinks. I wouldn't say that there is a set amount per week. One alcoholic may drink 50 beers a week and nothing else and another might drink 100 beers and nothing else. <br />
Alcoholics rarely drink something that doesn't have some level of alcohol in it.

Best Answer

I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober almost 13 years. In AA the only requirements is a strong desire to stop drinking. The only litmus test is that you can not predict when you will start next, or once you've started when you will stop. It's a slippery slope. There is no real x amount of drinks makes you an alcoholic. Differing body sizes, differing tolerance, etc..

Best Answer

Going to those meetings does it.

Best Answer