Columbus didn't discover American, the American Indians discovered him and saved his butt.

Best Answer

Columbus never made it to what would be the United States. I doubt he ever met a Native American. He landed in the carribian islands. Hati I think.

Best Answer

Semantics---Native American/Indian/Indigenous People whatever. How about "the natives of the Americas"? Good enough?

Best Answer

Columbus first landed in the Bahamas. He thought he was in Asia. He putzed around the islands around Frloida, spreading diseases and pilfering and that's how colonization by Spain began

Best Answer

The really nasty Spaniards came later, re Pizarro , Conquistadores

Best Answer

Yes- I spared my description the word rapist

Best Answer

i think he was lost! :-P

Best Answer

Almost certainly, since he didn't have Google Earth to help him get around

Best Answer

LMAO

Best Answer

Columbus was looking for a faster rout to India. Basically he pointed in a direction and said " go that way" without knowing what was there.

Best Answer

i thgink he was on a cruise

Best Answer

Breaking the law S.U.I. He was sailing under the influence of ALE.

Best Answer

Didn't he think he was headed for the East Indies ? I believe that's why he referred to the people he encountered as "indios" (Indians).But him "discovering" America is logically inaccurate, as there WERE people already there to greet him.

Best Answer

Natives invited him for dinner.

Best Answer