im having my first baby never been around a new born ever and i pumped for the first time today and i am worried my breast milk is the wrong color is it supossed to look like apple juice left out of the refeg. after it has been opened?
shorty08nchs shorty08nchs 18-21, F 13 Answers Mar 30, 2010

that's colostrum, comes in before the milk.<br />
it's good for the baby, nature designed it that way ;)<br />
good luck!

Best Answer

Breast milk will have a very watery yellowish colour the first couple of days. Thereafter it will turn to a creamy white colour. Don't worry, your body will not produce the wrong thing.

Best Answer

the first milk you get from your breast is colostrum which is high protien high fat milk which the baby needs for the first 3-5 days of life. If you never fed your baby any other breast milk this is the most important. it has a waterery consistancy and can also look dark in colour. when your milk comes in it will have a yellowish creamy ivory tinge. I have 4 children and I have breastfed all of them. hope this helps and once you get it established you will be flying and your baby bag will be twice as light!

Best Answer

Milky white. But that doesn't happen till a day or two after your baby's born. What you get beforehand is colostrum - rich in antibodies etc and really great for your baby. Colostrum can look just how you decribed so no worries there then.

Best Answer

pumping can cause pre mature labor...be very carefulnot to go over board, the first milk to tappear in the colostrum...it has the most creme and most stem cells in it ... it will have the appearance of yellowish with floaters. the transitional milk which comes next is more white...both will separate when letting sit idle... fresh from the breast is best, when the mlk gets exposed to air, forze, heated, it looses it healing qualities and immune system boost....the ingredients and vitamins are still there...but FRESH FROM THE BREAST IS BEST Doc T

Best Answer

Breast milk is a different color for each person and changes with what you eat, drink, medicines you take and what stress you're dealing with. The earlier answer by Lucinnda sounds right.. you do seem to be experiencing colostrum.. if you are pumping before birth you should stop. That is necessary for the baby and stimulation prior to the baby coming will limit his/her amount of colostrum.

Best Answer

Strawberry Quick

Best Answer

The first liquid to come from your breasts is colostrum. This is like a thick creamy liquid, almost orange in colour. This contains all the vital nutrients your baby will need in it's first weeks of life. After this comes a watery breast milk which will thicken with every feed. Good for you on deciding to feed your child yourself!

Best Answer

Thin and a watery whitish blue, I think, but it's been decades since I've seen any in person

Best Answer

you shouldn't pump until the baby is born, it can induce labor very easy...colostrum after a baby is born is a yellowish milky color...if you let it sit... it will separate and you can see the clear, milk, cream, butter ,cheese....its normally whitish with clear fluid in it ... I am a lover of breast milk for the health benefits and stem cells

Best Answer