I'm not the young woman in question. I'm just wondering if a colleague of mine is skiving off from work.
CountessDawn CountessDawn 26-30, F 5 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Work

A condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum.

This is when a pregnant woman has severe nausea and vomiting; it can be a life threatening condition.

Best Answer

I was..x3... HORRIBLE!! I lost 22 pounds my first trimester. I had to go into the hospital twice with my first child, for a week at a time. I threw up 24-7 . I couldn't even keep an ice chip down. It is real and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. At a time when you should be looking forward to everything ahead, and you are so sick, you wish you were dead. The only thing that kept me going, was I kept telling myself I had to for my baby. Then there is the fact that no one understands and no one believes you could possibly be that sick. It is very very isolating. Even my husband didn't believe I could possibly be that sick.

Best Answer

Some women have a difficult time with morning sickness. She might be fine next time. I have known women so sick they lost weight in the first 3 months,Other that had to go in the hospital on IV just to have a rest from throwing up. it is about the hormones. it does settle down and in all the women I have know with this they have all had wonderful, normal healthy babies.

Best Answer

Pregnancy takes a lot out of the female body. I was lucky no morning sickness at all. But boy was I tired, went to sleep tired, woke up tired. In fact when I was thinking about having a second child, it was not the coping with two babies that worried me, it was getting through the first trimester with the tiredness, a baby to care for plus work that scared me. Hope she feels better soon, mine passed, both times.

Best Answer

Every pregnancy is different. Unless your doctor has said there is a problem, I wouldn't worry, but it is wise to be sure you're getting adequate nutrition. There are vitamin supplements made especially for pregnant women. I hope we hear down the road that you and your baby are doing well!

Best Answer