Elvid1 Elvid1 26-30, M 10 Answers Jul 12, 2013 in Food

After reading all the answers I dunno.

Best Answer

England, we invented the bludy stuff

Best Answer

other than the French takin credit for it? they were tryin to get RID of the bludy bubbles, stupid gits.

Best Answer

Everything else is "sparkling"..although oddly you can buy bottles from California that say "champagne" which I find odd.

Best Answer

Not really that odd. People can choose to abide by the wishes of winemakers from the Champagne region of France or not. Presumably, the people that make the Californian sparkling wine you're talking about don't ;-)

Best Answer

Aparently not. Anybody who knows the diffetence isn't being fooled.

Best Answer

If its not French it's not Champagne ;)

Best Answer

Trick question? There is only ONE country who makes any Champagne! :-P

Best Answer

Not a trick question - people can interpret it whatever way they like! You could argue it's similar to the "pear cider" issue.

Best Answer

Ahh, we have already been through the pear cider issue Mr Scrumpy! Perhaps you should have termed it "sparkling wine"? :-P

Best Answer

LOL! No, this was the point of the question. It seems that many people, including you, want to respect the wishes of winemakers from the Champagne region of France.

Best Answer

I read that! For the sake of answering this question, I am partial on a festive occasion or when it is warm to a sweet pink variety we have here called Yellowglen Bella. It is described as "Bella sparkling displays aromas of rosewater, musk and Turkish delight on the nose. The luscious palate shows raspberry, strawberry and rose characters with a soft finish." I love to serve it to guests with edible hibiscus flowers http://www.domainecarneros.com/assets/images/products//pictures/flute_hibiscus1.jpg

Best Answer

Using hibiscus flowers in drinks is very trendy!

Best Answer

We've been doing it for years, LOL!

Best Answer

It's been trendy for years! LOL!

Best Answer

I actually thought it was a bit passe...in a 70's kinda way ;-)

Best Answer

I bet no-one sold edible hibiscus flowers in the 1970s.

Best Answer

Surely they did! Umm just checked. The brand I buy was started in the 90's lol!

Best Answer

LOL!

Best Answer

Champagne is only made in a particular region of France.

Best Answer

Tsk, tricky tricky. But I think the stuffs overrated. And bad headaches to boot. Though not as bad as sparkling reds.

Best Answer

They say it's France but I don't like champagne so I cannot vouch for that.

Best Answer