Evidence?

Best Answer

Well actually I was just reversing a question that came up earlier. This other guy was asking what southerners had against northerners, so I just thought I’d ask this one. So far we all really like each other. I’m just having fun joking around a little.

Best Answer

I have no problem with the south except that you people take way too long to get to the point. Also some of you sound like you're chewing on a fistful of tobacco.<br />
Case in point: N'Awlins

Best Answer

The Biglow Papers, you’ll see familiar pronunciations of words that we still hear today:
•‘Actually’ becomes ‘act’lly’;
•‘Ask’ becomes ‘ax’;
•‘Dirt’ becomes ‘dut’.
It’s debatable whether these pronunciations are unique to New England or just the result of having less time for formal education and for worrying about things like annunciating every syllable.

Best Answer

I was just poking fun at the thicker accents, new england has funny pronounciations and unique words, grinder, ayuh, bubbler, etc. Believe me the silly boston accent is ridiculed one state north.

Best Answer

You people? Who you callin' "you people"? :P

Best Answer

I'm a northerner and I think for the most part, the problem is that people up here see southerners as more closed minded. Of course, there are closed minded people everywhere! But the south to us northies seems particularly behind the times. This summer for example, I hitchhiked across the US and got 4-day ride in an 18 wheeler with this redneck couple from Georgia. Every single moment with them was a racist, homophobic, nationalistic rant! I'm from Wyoming, and even we don't have the level of intolerance I experienced with them lol But as I said, I don't think the problem is isolated to the South, they kinda get a bad rap.

Best Answer

And you felt OK to ride with them for four days? They must have been super nice racist, homophobic, nationalistic rednecks.

Best Answer

In NJ--never heard of such a thing

Best Answer

You never heard about how ignorant and racist and violent and misogynistic we are? Ain't you got nothin' against all that?

Best Answer

Well I'm from SOUTH Jersey--does that make a difference?

Best Answer

Hell Clint!Where you been?!!Some bird flashing her leg was answering your door,and there was something odd about her,just cant put my finger on what.Anyway,theres all hell set to break loose,with the sioux and apaches talking of riding against the rappaho and commanches,with Sitting Bull pulling the strings behind the whole racket.Grab your guns boy!We got us some peacemaking to do!

Best Answer

It's the other way around. I was born and lived in Boston most of my life, except for two years where I lived in Texas. A Texan said to me that we Northeners step aside for African Americans (he used a derogatory word) who pass us on the sidewalk and African Americans who live in the South, get out of the way of whites and let them pass. Sick I know; but often true. So much bigotry there. More than I have ever witnessed. Neil Young hit a nerve with his song, Sweet Home Alabama. It frightened me so much I still think about it.

Best Answer

iv lived in the north and the south ( united /s ) the northern peeps speak with less emotion, less friendly, ( curt) then their counter partners down in Dixie.... southern hospitality <br />
education in the land of Yankee doodle dandy, are generally superior compared to the southern schools I participated in...<br />
but, if you look at the Racial and poverty factors aside, by-in-large southern people are much more intelligent in other ways, than folks up in the north east.<br />
This is an aspect of climate. During the sultry dog days of summer, when it is sleepy time down south, one, by nature, moves about in a slow manner in response to the heat. This slow movement is conducive to slow deep reflective thinking - a very southern trait. southern's sit out on the front porch swing, with a tall glass of sweet tea, introspecting...<br />
Besides, anybody who has ever heard someone from the Bronx, South Boston, or backwoods Vermont can hardly generalize that Southerners have the monopoly on ignorance. <br />
the southern accent lends its self to sounding less intelligent do to the southern drawl..... where as the less intelligent accents in the north seem to be in small region the Bronx's new /y new /j areas <br />
but speaking in general terms and a one way quick answer, from my time spent in schools in south and north, I raise my hand towards the north having the better schools. <br />
not to much money goes into the schools systems in the south and there seems to be a large population of poorer people who cant afford to help their children seek a education .....

Best Answer

I would have just said the south is still pissy over the civil war.

Best Answer

yea it is..." save ur money cause the south is gona rise again"

Best Answer

you remind me of the angry yankess in fla

Best Answer

I'm no snowbird.

Best Answer

you maynot be, but iv seen a lot of what they call angry yanks, in fla.

Best Answer

Let us all live as one and try our best to care for others. What's the deal with the south rising? Feeling as if you have to be above others is a concept I don't care to understand or hope for.

Best Answer

I, my dear gypsyblu, am from Southie. It sounds as if you have no idea what or who you are pointing your judgemental finger at. Hate was not taught in my home ever. My parents took the time to teach us not to hate anyone. Your wordy comment cannot hide your condescending attitude and your need to impress others. I thought I wasted my time reading your comment. I did not. You reminded me of how hypocritical some people can be.

Best Answer

I have no problem BUT I do think the sheriffs do pull us over more frequently

Best Answer

I know of a few little towns that you need to know about before you come around here. Better yet there's a website called speedtrap.com or something like that. Check that out before a roadtrip going anywhere.

Best Answer

We drove to FL with the kids- we did ok-we employed old school tactics- paranoia and urban legend

Best Answer

Heck if I know!<br />
I think it has something to do with the controversy over the "grit".<br />
There has also been some divisiveness over whether "ain't" is a word, and whether gator wrestling qualifies as a sport. :)

Best Answer

Remember "My cousin Vinney"? LOL "What is a grit?"

Best Answer

I had some California Mormon missionaries ask me the same question. lol

Best Answer

I love that movie.

Best Answer

Grit is heart with tuffness, like a soldier, warrior, not afraid at all!

Best Answer

Un not worried about someone who cant live without taxis, cell phones, pizza delivery or a high rise apartment that just Looks right into the building across from yours.

Best Answer

Does this include North Americans in General, like us way up north in Canadaland?

Best Answer

Hell naw. Once you cross that border,....It's Beautiful wide open spaces. Just too cold most of the year.

Best Answer

So we are not part of the "Americas"? Ok so when people say Americans it ends at the 49th parallel? Cool :)

Best Answer

Yankees tend to have ideas of other parts of the country ba<x>sed on cartoons, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Dallas. So, they really don't know much about the South.

Best Answer

What are you talking about, person with outer space alien name?

Best Answer

He's talking about the usual position of republicans who tend to be more prevalent in the south.

Best Answer

Not really. You just hear them on the news because it is more interesting to have someone with a Southern accent say it than to have someone with a boring Midwestern accent say it.

Best Answer