I'm about to join a jogging group, and find that all the ladies wear running tights, while only a handful of guys wear running tights. What runs through your mind when you see a guy in revealing running tights?
BackboneR BackboneR 41-45, M 15 Answers Mar 11, 2010

Honestly, ive heard different opinions from other women on this topic. My opinion is, take a look in the mirror. If you have a gf/wife/significant other show them. If you have the lower body (and your butt better be amazing) and can hide the package or make yourself look flat as a girl in the front then i say go for it, wear them at the gym and rock them.

I think personally the guys that dont like wearing spandex is because they either lack the confidence to wear them or lack the lowerbody to pull it off. A guy can be a bodybuilder and look amazing in the upper portion of his body, but when you see his lower body he just doesnt have it.

So to finish, if your a guy and wear spandex tights or capris and can make your gf/wife get turned on, then go for it and laugh at the guys who cant. Just my personal opinion.

Best Answer

I like your opinion and for the most part agree....all except the bit about "hide the package or make yourself look flat as a girl in the front" - what's that about???
Men have external genitalia, it's a fact of life - why can't people just accept it? When we wear tights - there is no hiding this fact and I can't see why we should want to or have to. That said, I'll conceed that from an aesthetic point of view, guys of average or smaller package proportions do look better in tights - like you say, pulling off the look is all about the butt and legs....

Best Answer

I totally agree that the lower body is the key for a guy wearing running tights/spandex/leggings. As I've been 5'6 and a former xc-runner, I had to get adjusted wearing running tights during the colder months. I know wrestlers who have to wear singlets but don't have the body for it. This doesn't mean a guy's body should be more feminine but a thinner body shape and slimmer legs are more preferable features for female eyes.
As for the front. I agree making the bulge look flatter may be better. I've worn boy shorts underneath my running tights, minimizing the visibility of my bulge. Again, men have genitals but they don't need to be flopping them around for all to see.

Best Answer

And I agree that a support should be worn underneath running tights, firstly for comfort and secondly to stop the package "flopping around". I'm not sure that "Boy shorts" - (I guess you mean briefs?) are the best thing as they leave a VPL and are not as comfortable as a thong style support. If you're going to wear anything skin tight or figure hugging then you need to be conscious not to spoil the line otherwide the look is lost.
I would expect any man wearing running tights to have a visible bulge at the front - but I would be indifferent to it, just as I am indifferent to other men in the locker room. I'm all for encouraging people to grow up and accept the facts of life...

Best Answer

I just went shopping in the mall today wearing my black running tights (capri length) with no shorts over. I didn't notice any serious negative looks from patrons or sales associates In fact, I went into VS since I needed to get a gift for someone and the sales associate was soo friendly and helpful. I took much effort not to get hard or show wet spots while shopping. My bulge was visible but it's a fact of life and I felt some empowerment for those who are self-conscious going out in tight clothing. Be Yourself!

Best Answer

right on !

Best Answer

very well said shinyangel!

Best Answer

I love seeing a man in skin-tight Lycra,I'm a 23 year old legal secretary,love seeing a mans package,but guys don't wear any underwear it spoils the view;)

Best Answer

Must women love men wearing Lycra,when I wear my sky blue Lycra running tights out running or too the gym you get two kinds of women,u get the sneaky peekers,just a quick glance when they think u are not looking,or u get the long lookers,they don't hide the fact that they are checking yr package out,I get comments about my package as I'm well endowed

Best Answer

I like your way of thinking!

Best Answer

Nothing at all runs through my mind. I love wearing lycra and love seeing women in it. I actually don't think most guys, or even most people care.

I wear 2xu compression tights and a sleevless top and my girlfriend barely cares. Running tights improve performance. Just wear them for your running, it helps.

Best Answer

Women objectivise men, in exactly the same way that men objectivise women - So they'll be thinking Phwoooaaahhhrrr!!!!.....when they see a fit guy in running tights - but they'll never admit to it....

Best Answer

If you're not doing anything illegal, who gives a fying fluck what other people think?

And if you're enjoying yourself, more power to you. Why should women be the only ones allowed to dress skimpily?

Best Answer

I'm a guy and I wear very thin lycra when i go running. i don't try to hide my bulge and i certainly don;t wear anything underneath either. If women look I happen to like it because it is natural.

several times i have stopped in the park and talked to women about exercising, training e.t.c and I always notice that they stop for a chat, but they love looking down without really trying to hide it either and many times I get an erection because it turns me on that they openly like to look at my package. It has never put any woman off at all and in fact a woman was asking me how I train my thighs and it was obvious when she was apparently looking at my thighs she was actually enjoying the view of my erection and she kept pointing to my thighs and even touched my thighs asking how i train certain parts. I enjoy the attention and HONESTLY women love guys wearing lycra and especially on the rare occasion seeing an erect penis in the lycra too.

so it's not a bad thing.

Best Answer

I must admit I do tend to get an erection if I think anyone (man or woman) is looking at my bulge when I'm in my tights. No-one seems to mind though.

Best Answer

Just make sure to wear properly supportive undergarments and you'll be fine.

From my experience, it's not so much the pants that make up the woman's mind, it's the man wearing them. If the guy looks good, the women usually won't complain.

Now if you're wearing hot pink floral capris or something of that nature that might challenge the popular notion of masculinity, then most women wouldn't respond to well to that.

What it comes down to is this: can you look and feel masculine in what you wear? If the answer is yes, then you're good to go.

Best Answer

I wear them all the time.

Best Answer

Keep the twig and berries covered up. I prefer gym shorts over the top but most important of all never, never, never go commando with no shorts. This is just something most people don't want to see. I want men in tights to become acceptable and to do so we need to show a bit of discretion.

Best Answer

Men wearing tights already is totally acceptable. I've been wearing them for running and cycling for years and I've never had a problem finding them in the shops... Historically, men wore tights long before women ever did yet for some reason they are associated with femininity (at least in the minds of the immature and ignorant).

Best Answer

Ok....look at it this way....I have a pair....and I have worn them as if they were just like jogging pants. In my case I am not a runner...I use them in a much different way. I ride a motor bike ( heavy touring bike ) and when I am on the road I often do some very long trips, like doing up to like 1,000 Km's or a little more in just one day. So picture this...its cool or even down right cold out there...you get on the highway and your doing like 100 Km/h thats 60 MPH, now just think of the wind chill factor...! Then you have to go through a mountain pass and now the temp really drops at places that are around 5,000 to 8,000 feet up...sometimes it gets near 0c thats 32f for you I take it...and your doing 60 MPH...the wind chill can get into the -5c range or ever colder...! Many times its saved my *** from becoming a ice cube in the middle of nowhere. HOWEVER...if your wearing it because you get off on it...some sort of sexual fantisy / fetish thing...all I can say then is....whatever floats you boat....

Best Answer

If you've got the body for it, go for it!!

Women and men will all appreciate a good look at your *** and package and will sneak as many peeks at your bulge as they think they can get away with it - you wait and see!!

Best Answer

I wear Bike shorts to the gym, I dont think anybody cares.

They are comfortable to me.

Best Answer

I too wear white spandex to gym, under it a well fitting white g string. This shows my package with a good curve. My gym partner enjoys it very much. She too wears a tight see through spandex and a very visible g string.

Best Answer