So I sit here wondering when the next episode will happen again...my parents are emotionally and verbally abusive to me, they have tried to turn my son against me, but he's smarter than that thank heavens. I'm sitting here in a house of theirs, they said to help us, but they renigged yet again. I don't have any income except child support, my car has major transmission problems, there are no jobs here in podunk county with population 50 plus one dog. All my stuff is in this house, which includes couch, TV, 3 beds, washer dryer, and table/chairs. That's it. IF i have to sell the stuff it wouldn't be much at all. I've been sobbing uncontrollably the last 3 days because I can feel something horrible is about to happen. I am all alone, my son is on visitation with a dad and stepmom he can't stand, and no one calls me anymore because i moved here believing my parents were going to help.
loveisntagame loveisntagame 36-40, F 9 Answers Jun 28, 2011

There is a org.called First Call For Help they would be glad to find the help you need.The welfare Department in your city can help also.There are churches that would gladly help some have houseing for the homeless.I would start calling and don't stop till some one can help you.I will be praying.Trails

Best Answer

thank you, i will look up that organization and call them. Thank you for prayers too! My son and I pray every night ...I try to never give up hope, I'm just so worried about my son more than anything.

Best Answer

well i looked up the organization, but they have no help in my area or surrounding either! they really know what they did getting me here in no where land. :(

Best Answer

the hardest part of calling and telling people my situation is i was told my entire life people will think you're crazy and no one really helps without expecting something. But i know they are the ones that are really messed up. sad.

Best Answer

Do you know in most state Savation army ,red cross will pay for motel stays if you are in a place looking for work and no place to stay. And maybe it is time to stand up tp your parents if they kick you out you are on your way fight for control its yours take it.

Best Answer

yes i thought about that...i thought well if he comes in on me and makes me feel threatened or whatever, we will just start walking down the road if our car wont go.

Best Answer

I wish I could hug you right now and let you two sleep in our apartment, I really do. I could not stand it when I had to move back to my parents after I seperated. Check out the local Women's Shelter, it's hard, but they know how to steer you in the right direction, trust me, been there. What "rknst74" said is exactly what I did - It took a while but it was worth it, for my self esteem and for my child. It will get better, sometimes, later rather than sooner, but it will be worth it, if you are honest with yourself and your child. All you can do is the best that you can do,

Best Answer

Time to make some drastic moves.Learn trade of some sort and get yourself on your own.You will never feel good about yourself till you do.

Best Answer

you need to move a way far a way from your dad and his b7tch they lied to you and phone the cops and charge them for verble abuse.move a way for your son,s and your selfs safty befor you get killed.

Best Answer

Wow! I don't mean that in the good way. Your family sounds exactly like my ex wife's family. They're very dysfunctional. Each person lives in a different state on top of that! The will is the only thing keeping them civil with the parents.

But getting back to you and your current situation, the first thing I'd do is talk to your parents and find out what their issues are with you and figure out how to resolve them. With nothing but child support for income, you're draining resources from your parents. That's a big burden for them. They were responsible for your well-being while you were a minor, but now they owe you nothing. Appreciate all that they are doing for you. Consider doing work for them to earn your keep. Wash the floors, clean the bathroom, take the trash out, dust everything, cook the meals if you can cook, and whatever other chores they ask of you.

If your kids are noisy or wild, that would be a big issue because your parents expect peace and quiet when they sleep, at the very least. If your attitude is affecting your mom then try to change it. The goal is to make your parents not regret their decision to help you.

Best Answer

oh there's alot more to the story, i just didn't want this to be a novel of tragedy in one question. that's ok though, you tried :)

Best Answer