twirlinglights twirlinglights 18-21, F 15 Answers Jun 1, 2012

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but then, it is just my opinion. At the age of 18, you should still be thinking about yourself. What career, what college, what decor you want in your room or apartment......not a relationship. I am almost 55, have two grown children, 3 grand kids. I got married when I was 18, and had both kids by the old age of 22. I am still married to the same guy, and we are relatively happy, or settled in with each other. But, things were different back then. Looking for a husband and settling down, was what we did. Today is so different, and I think that it is so much better for you if you have a chance to learn to live with yourself, and learn to get along with yourself, before you worry about a relationship with someone else. Have what you want, and do what you want BEFORE getting into a relationship. Once you enter into one, it isn't all about you any more, every decision made, should be made together, to accomodate each other. The minute you proceed to do what YOU want to do without first consulting your partner, that is when the friction will start, and it will fall apart. Go to college, get a degree and then a career, do things you enjoy, without having to ask permission. Get a friend with benefits, if you want a sex life, practice safe sex, and make sure that the friend understands up front exactly what you are all about.

Best Answer

I am currently in my first year of doing a Bachelor in communication, I plan to be a journalist and travel the world (or most of it) before I ever get married, in fact I don't want to have sex before marriage. Thank you for your advice, you have reminded me that a realationship is a serious thing and not a toy and I can't wait to find a real one (until I'm ready) Thank you :)

Best Answer

That is a very good advice. Enjoy being young, why hurry? Establish yourself first then you can go to the next level of your life. It is not like when the food you put in your mouth too hot to eat, you spit it out fast. It's going to hurt you, challenge you, break your heart into pieces. Be ready when it comes.

Best Answer

be your self,and do what you allway do,dont be try be something that you aint,and in time,you will meet some one special,

Best Answer

FRIENDSHIP. No it's true. You just need friendship. Friendship with yourself, with the universe, the plants, animals, humans, it's a natural thing. Friendship is soul. It is who you are. It is everything about yourself. But it's not flirtation! flirtation can be the worst for a guy. Friendship is the key. How to be a friend? It's an energy inside. Just like, let it out. If you feel that you are running out of friendship steam, you can call yourself, Ami, or friend in different languages to recuperate.

Best Answer

That's all I do, is friendship. I believe friendship is a powerful source and is a beautiful gift but it seems to mean nothing to the people around me..

Best Answer

I live in Miami. Sometimes you need to move and live elsewhere. I mean,,,what type of friend are you seeking?

Best Answer

I don't seek friends, I just make them.

Best Answer

Just 18 ? I know you'll hate being told "you'll know when you're older" but it's the truth in this instance I'm afraid. Relationships develop over time -sometimes short, sometimes long. Nothing to be afraid of ; just live your life.

Best Answer

I know, I've just been in a rut since I was 13, constantly getting close then getting burned. No one stays long, so I guess I do whatever I can to make sure I don't get hurt again. I feel old.

Best Answer

Believe me, we all go through that. My first girlfriend was 12 ; I was 14 and we thought we'd be together always - until her Mum re-married and they moved away ! I had problems establishing long-lasting relationships throughout my teen years and into my twenties - and I've seen it plenty of times. Relationship break-ups do hurt, but don't be scared of that ; it makes you stronger in the long run. The danger is in refusing to establish a relationship for fear of that break-up ; it took me to my late twenties to learn it. Don't live in fear. You're young yet ; meaningful relationships will come your way.

Best Answer

My advice is stay out of relationships until you know you and him are so deeply in love with each other. For now you doubt that exist so until you meet him your right it doesn't exist.

Best Answer

There was this one guy...but I was wrong, I think you're right. But I'm scared that one day 'Mr right' will come along and I will ruin everything.

Best Answer

You wont ruin everything because Mr right when you do meet him will scare you into doing everything right yourself! And if you did do it wrong then Mr right will have love enough for you to change and do it right the next time!

Best Answer

That sounds terrific :) Thank you, so, so much.

Best Answer

Your talking to a guy that is having his gf of the last 2 years move out tomorrow. If I can be optimistic about relationships so can you!

Best Answer

That's very true, and I'm sorry to hear that :/

Best Answer

You are right to take a future relationship seriously, but at the age of 18 I think you are too young to worry about it. Make yourself the right person and pray God sends you the right person and you will know it. Meanwhile, really learn to know the God of the Bible.

Best Answer

relationships are overrated. don't force yourself if you don't want it. stick to casual dating until somebody comes along to change your mind.

Best Answer

Simply be yourself

If the right person comes along he has to work with you to make a relationship that lasts

If you do all the work and your partner just cruises along thats not a relationship

It takes two to Tango not just you

So dont sweat not being in one it will happen one day

And if it doesnt im sure as a young girl maturing into a woman you will enjoy the ride

No pun intended

Best Answer

Maybe you need to find out what is causing you to be afraid of relationships. Maybe then you can find a solution.

Best Answer

do it. you're not going to be young forever. seize the moment.

Best Answer

Give yourself a little time, you're still very young. When the right girl cones, you wont be afraid, or still a little afraid but she'll make it worth the risk

Best Answer

I'm a girl waiting for a guy :) I guess I have to be patient

Best Answer

relationships are for suckerz! you're doing it right lol. Have you seen some of these miserable turds walking around

Best Answer

I do! It seems crazy that people put themselves through all that...

Best Answer

Why are you afraid?

Best Answer

I don't even know, I guess I think that they are not right for me, or I care to much about what others think.

Best Answer

Yea I use to be afraid too. Get some self esteem in you.

Best Answer

How do I do that?

Best Answer

I have no idea. I'm struggling as well :(

Best Answer

Good luck to you too then :/

Best Answer