And... perhaps be respectful and neutral if you can be?
scatterheart scatterheart 13-15, F 15 Answers Oct 23, 2012 in Religion

I'm not sure about several things concerning the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I do know that their view of Jesus differs from what the Bible teaches about Christ.

Best Answer

They do not believe in the trinity (Father, son and Holy Spirit in one). They do not believe that Jesus was/is divine. They believe that at the end of the world, those who are alive live on earth. They believe that the Watch Tower society has all the answers and is the only vehicle for accurately divining the Word of God -- however, they have often through the years predicted an end of the world date that has come and gone without the end happening. They believe in prayer and study of God's word -- however for them God's word is their own version/translation. They also believe that they earn their salvation through sharing their message with other people. They log in the hours they spend going to door to door or talking to other people about God and part of their services is devoted to role playing in preparation for door to door work. Now I must say, as their beliefs -- at least regarding when the end of this world will take place are changeable, and as my studies/attendance with them was back in the 1970s, what they purport to believe TODAY may differ some, but this is what I was taught and participated in for over a year and half at a Kingdom Hall in the 70's.

Best Answer

Thanks. So... the impression I'm getting from most people is a well meaning and nice group of people that also happens to have rather different beliefs than a lot of society.

Best Answer

He who annoys neighbors the most has eternal life.

Best Answer

xD

Best Answer

My problem with them is their policy of disfellowship. If your child does not want to be a JW (because they do pick and choose bible verses very carefully and reject the teachings of Jesus), that child is "disfellowshipped". That means that if the child is 18 or over you may never talk to them again. If the child is 18 or under, and is living in the home, the types of words that you are allowed to speak is proscribed.

Talk to a disfellowshipped child before you consider that church. So cruel. So cruel.

JWs also do not have non JW friends for the same reason. My best friend from HS turned JW, and when I refused to be converted, she "washed her hands of me". She literally went to the sink, washed her hands while telling me that she was washing my blood off her hands, asked me to leave, and never talked to me again.

Best Answer

They believe in harassing people.

Best Answer

They are the nicest people you will ever meet. Go to the meetings one sunday and get to know them. You will love them.

Best Answer

Even nicer than Mormons?

Best Answer

Yes, they are and Mormons are very nice people from the ones I have met. You will learn about God and paradise and how best to live your life so there will be less trouble in your future. It will be a very good experience. You can even get a free home bible study if you want one. I love being around them.

Best Answer

Nothing in the New World Translation has been changed. You can compare it to the original word for word and it still has the same meaning.

Best Answer

You are sadly misinformed.

Best Answer

Have you set for days on end and compared it to other Bibles? I have and it has the same meaning. You are speaking out of lack of knowledge.

Best Answer

I don't know what their following but it is not the bible

Best Answer

The Jehovah Witnesses are Christians. Their do not believe in the trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Best Answer

The nicest way of putting it is a Cult. They're a group of people who seem very nice and friendly but they keep trying to get you to join them. My friends parents become JW's.

They can actually be quite bitter in reality, they're strongly against many things such as blood transfusions. Hear about the story when a couple who were JW's let their son die because they wouldn't let him have a blood transfusion?

Best Answer

I'd be dead then lol.

Best Answer

They are not a cult lol that's ridiculous. The couple you described is definitely an extreme case, and not the norm. There are nuts in every religion. My neighbor is a nurse, a JW, and has no problem with blood transfusions.

Best Answer

Interesting. My friends parents have totally changed their lifestyle. They aren't allowed to talk to my parents anymore because apparently we're "evil" and a bad influence on them. As you say, not everyone is the same. But from my experience, they're flipping crackers haha.

Best Answer

They're against Blood Transfusions? What the hell is up with that?

Best Answer

Actually they are.... I was raised one.

Best Answer

I think it's mostly just hate and fear. They set themselves apart from everyone else in a holier-than-thou way, very narrow minded.

Stay away from them. A bad cult!

Best Answer

Total agreement.

Best Answer

They don't celebrate holidays, because they're pagan. Uhm.. they're pretty straight people. In alot of religions, in Christianity they have set rules like no sex before marriage and all that but nobody really follows the rules. Jehovah's Witnesses actually follow the rules they're supposed to, unlike alot of people in other religions. Most of what people will tell you regarding Jehovah's Witnesses is either an outright lie, or a very big distortion. They don't believe in worshipping crosses, you'll never see a Jehovah Witness wearing a cross. They also don't believe in serving in the military.

Best Answer

Thanks :3 Huh, that's interesting, its kind of nice that they respect the rules of their religion.

Best Answer

Why do they believe in knocking on peoples doors trying to convert others?

Best Answer

How am I supposed to know that? lol

Best Answer

Google your own question...

I Will tell you that the name was taken on

in the 1930s. At one time they were referred

to as Russellites. Another major American religious

group broke off from the Russellites and still

exists today. Check it out.

Best Answer

they don't believe in the trinity, That Christ is gods son, and inferior to him

Best Answer

They believe they are right and the rest of us are wrong...stay away :)

Best Answer

Couldn't tell ya. I just wish they'd stop knocking on my door.

Best Answer

Best Answer