briboi briboi 22-25, M 9 Answers Aug 20 in Parenting & Family

Only kids think that way.

Best Answer

Interesting idea. Who would decide on the punishment though and carry it out?

Best Answer

Interesting idea. EP says can't add you. Guy 22, bi, with dominant wife who spanks. Please add and let's exchange some ideas privately. Tutorme (jon)

Best Answer

I can't understand why that would be necessary since they would already have been disciplined and should know right from wrong when they're adults.

Best Answer

What should be and what is are often quite different. Plus just because they know right from wrong doesn't mean they do it

Best Answer

That could be true, but might also be very true about kids who grow up with no discipline wouldn't you say? They'd have no chance of fitting in society if they never have any boundaries. Do you think kids are punished for no reason? Generally it's because they've done something that's unacceptable. How are they meant to learn how to fit in the world if their parents aren't allowed to teach them? What's your suggestion for teaching them right from wrong?

Best Answer

I never said the parents shouldn't teach them, just that maybe the parents should be taught as well with the same methods if they do something unacceptable

Best Answer

Oh well if you think parents being grounded, or being barred from playing their favorite computer games, or having their mobile phones taken off them or having their pocket money stopped would work, then I suppose so. Sounds a waste of time to me, most adults would love to be grounded and probably would be relieved to not have people nagging them on the phone. These are big things to kids but wouldn't do much to an adult.

Best Answer

except humiliate them

Best Answer

Most parents love their children and have their best interests at heart. Most good parents don't discipline children with humiliation in mind.

Best Answer

I didn't say humiliate the kids, I meant the the parent being punished like that would humiliate the parent who would avoid it in the future

Best Answer

I don't understand your ideas on this - what you're proposing makes no sense. Why would you want to humiliate the parent - I don't see your point. What for? Unless you're a kid and you're just complaining about getting into trouble and just want to get back at the parents,

Best Answer

I am actually 24 and married. I just don't feel like an adult and don't know if I would be ready for kids

Best Answer

you mean like taking their ipod away for a week?

Best Answer

or what ever other punishments are used

Best Answer

Whether you believe or not, God is the judge of parents and not us. Only He knows our hearts and minds.

Best Answer

Not much.

Best Answer