seotelkniwt seotelkniwt 61-65, F 9 Answers Jan 1 in Community

Just like crying behind the smiles.

Best Answer

That's exactly what it is. We've all experienced this feeling. Great answer :)

Best Answer

That even though someone is laughing and having fun, doesn't mean that they're not depressed. It's a misconception made by a lot of people. They think, " How can you simply be depressed if you're having a good time? You can't be that depressed, that means you're lying to me."

I've had this particular thing happen to me before by a lot of my "friends". It gets annoying because even thought I'm not severely depressed, I still am and being told that I'm a liar and that I'm not depressed just because I had a good time is like telling celery that it's not celery because it doesn't have the leafy part on top.

Yes.. I went off on a spiel.. but I do believe that's what it means..

Best Answer

Thank you for your personal story and insight on this matter of the heart. How very true your words are. Many people feel that if you're laughing or smiling or even having a good time; that you must be exaggerating about being depressed or sad. How far from the truth. They truly lack understanding of the heart. Notice what the Bible says about this saying at Proverbs 14:13---"EVEN IN LAUGHTER THE HEART MAY FEEL OR BE IN PAIN, AND REJOICING MAY END IN GRIEF...." NWT
You sentiments and feeling are thoroughly backed by the Bible when it comes to laughing on the outside, but being unhappy, sad, or depressed on the inside. I wish you well in the incoming year and want you to keep your head up. The Bible also, speaks of a time when all forms of sicknesses, including depression and the like will be no more (Isaiah 33:24, Revelation 21:4,5). Again, thank you for your personal reply and honesty, it is appreciated.

Best Answer

Humor and laughter can be a defense mechanism, or a way to process and move on from a painful experience. Meanwhile, the pain is still there.

Best Answer

I could not have said it any better than that. How true those words are that you've said. Thank you for your reply.

Best Answer

We laugh when we are happy, but we also laugh in spite of our pain.

Best Answer

Laughter helps to ease the pain or mask the pain, but it doesn't take it away. Many times some feel that talking about their pain or problems to others will fall on "uncaring deaf ears and hearts", so they hold their pain within and try to be upbeat like nothing is bothering them. But those who are close to them, love them, and really know them, knows that the one laughing is really going through something hard.

Best Answer

Hide your pain behind laughter and smile.

Best Answer

That is what many do to cope and deal with their pain and adverse circumstances. Great answer. Thank you.

Best Answer

You're welcome :)

Best Answer

We are in pain but not allowing people to know.We are laughing to hide our pain.

Best Answer

How very, very true. We do not allow others to know what we are going through, because maybe we feel that they cannot handle our woes; or maybe we feel that they don't care, or maybe we feel that they won't understand. Whatever the case is, as you've said mona87, ".....we are laughing to hide our pain,"
I call it the "great cover-up" :)....Thank you for your reply, great answer.

Best Answer

Thanks for liking my answer.

Best Answer

You give really great, straight to the point answers, that say a lot and they have much meaning to them. That is why I like your answers. I always look forward to reading your answers and replies. Thank you again :)

Best Answer

Your laughing through hardship.

Best Answer

Sometimes that's what get's you through your hardships. The laughter. Great answer. Thank you.

Best Answer

You're Most Welcome, Your Laughing at something now and then later you'll br grieveing about it becasuse it has or will be a bad problem for you or you are laughing in your hardship to take it lightly but in your heart The Pain Remains inside you, So your heart will Ache and Be in Complete Grief.

Best Answer

It means, you have dark secrets, like you ****** your nephew or cousin who is 20 years younger.

Best Answer