Do you believe that what he did was the right thing to do for the world and his homeland abroad. What is your opinion about him and the life that he led. Hello EP.
zonus zonus 31-35, M 12 Answers Dec 9, 2013 in Politics

I think he's getting a pass on the mountain of bad things he did because people think, "Err apartheid is baed. Racial segregation! Worship the guy who was part of ending it without learning anything else about him."

Basically, they're blinding themselves with political correctness.

Best Answer

I think that you need some serious psychological help. If we knew how perfect you were, then maybe we would worship you.

Best Answer

I'm not perfect, however, I also don't blind myself with stupidity. I look at his life objectively, and objectively, it was generally not a life worthy of the praise he is receiving.

Best Answer

The stupidity involves partisanship and biased attitude. If you see the fault in some and not others, then your arguments stand invalid.

Best Answer

Lol yeah the apartheid was bad most people learned about him from the media it isn't political correctness just laziness and lack of research

Best Answer

It's political correctness, trust me. People praise just about anyone who speaks out for "equality" because that's what they're told is socially acceptable.

Best Answer

Isnt that a good thing ,So you don't believe in equality

Best Answer

That's quite a leap. I don't believe in looking at one aspect of a person's life and claiming they are a wonderful human being.

Best Answer

Then we should all same the same about you.

Best Answer

Sometimes our good choices out way our bad ones

Best Answer

Mendela's do not. He made one good choice. He made many bad ones.

Best Answer

What is it that you dislike so much? in his position do you think that you could have done better?

Best Answer

And you praise those who oppose any form of justice done by the influence of Blacks and other minorites. Your objection is about hate and ignorance and lack of knowledge for things greater than you.

Best Answer

I don't oppose any form of justice done for blacks and other minorities. I oppose the praise of a man who is not praiseworthy. I have read up on Mandela's life and history, perhaps you have not.

Best Answer

I already have. He is no different than any other world leader. None are without fault or sin. Just like the ones you admire. =)

Best Answer

I don't admire any world leaders. His faults are quite glaring.

Best Answer

Then you are only one of the few who refuse to see the good in people. You are not perfect in any way shape or form. Your own hate has already drestroyed you.

Best Answer

Who said anything about me being perfect or hateful? He was the founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of the African National Congress, and played a key role in the ANC’s embrace of armed struggle after a “general strike” failed miserably. The first terrorist attacks took place in 1961. In 1962, Mandela left South Africa on an international trip to win support for a violent struggle against the South African government. He negotiated for aid for the African National Congress with various anti-Western governments, including East Germany and Communist China. Among the countries that pledged him full support were Communist Cuba and the Egyptian government of Gamal Abdel Nasser, a fellow “anti-colonialist.” Mandela’s international activities also included detailed meetings on strategy with Algeria’s National Liberation Army. Perhaps most importantly, with Mandela acting as an international agent for the ANC, the Soviet Union provided massive amounts of financial and military aid to Unkhonto we Sizwe.Mandela’s group and the African National Congress went on to kill scores of innocent people, some via the infamous “necklacing” technique endorsed by Mandela’s wife, Winnie. The group became notorious for its bombing campaign, most notably the Church Street bombing which killed 19 people. The group also mined rural roads used by farmers, which killed at least 120 people, many of them black laborers.In 1985, the South African government offered to release Mandela if he would repudiate violence as a means to bring about political change. He refused the offer. Mandela was later forced to admit that the African National Congress “routinely” used torture against suspected “enemy agents.” Many of the ANC’s violent activities were not directed at the apartheid government but against the Zulus and their political movement, the Inkatha Freedom Party. However, whites always remained a special target. Even after his release, Mandela was willing to indulge in musical fantasies about killing whites.At the time of his trial, Mandela denied being a member of the Communist Party—something we now know was a lie. Mandela worked closely with the Communist Party of South Africa, and the African National Congress was sustained and supported by the Soviet Union. Mandela never renounced any of his ties with Communist leaders. Poverty among Afrikaners has soared in the years since the end of apartheid, with thousands reduced to living in squatter camps. South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world and is famous for its gated communities and private security companies. The nation also has a high rate of HIV/AIDS infection, which isn’t helped by black government officials who think the cure is a diet heavy in garlic. Mandela’s response has been to criticize the media for focusing too much on crime. He did nothing to stop what is now widely accepted as the opening stages of genocide against Boer farmers, and implemented anti-white racial preferences even as whites became an all but powerless minority.

Best Answer

Funny you display all of this for one who took a stand against segregation and slavery. Now show me your summary about any of those Republican candidates you solely love. =)

Best Answer

I don't love any Republican candidates. I vote for the lesser of two evils. It just so happens most of the time Liberals are more evil.

Best Answer

Lesser of two evils ? That is the response of a confused fool. LOL.

Best Answer

No, it's the response of someone who realizes that no one is perfect. Thus, I resort to damage control.

Best Answer

No. Its called confusion because if it is evil then you should not vote at all. =) You should see the hate that lies within you first before casting judgment on others.

Best Answer

Not voting at all is an act of negligence. If you can mitigate evil, even to a lesser degree than total eradication, and do not do so, then you are committing evil.

Best Answer

Negligence is when you refuse to love and embrace that which is of God and for the good of Men. Your perception is twisted my friend. Misery is a solace to you.

Best Answer

No one enjoys misery.

Best Answer

He was a racist who advocated violence. He justified the means by what he considered to be a good outcome. That approach is less than civilized.

Best Answer

How can you say he was a racist when he fought for the equality of Whites, Blacks, and others in South Africa. I think youre just jealous. =)

Best Answer

He supported nationalizing the assets of whites in S. Africa. He advocated removing all whites from political office.
He was a racist. I find nothing in his life that I could be jealous of.

Best Answer

I disagree. Then why do some many Whites around the world support his cause. You are a racist.

Best Answer

People do a lot of irrational things in the name of political correctness. People's support of his racist ideas don't make those ideas correct or any less racist.
He had a chance to obtain his release for jail in the mid 1980's by simply denouncing the violence of his supporters. He refused to do so and the violence continued.
The only reason that the assets of the white population were not totally completely nationalize was that he began to lose support of even the most liberal of his supporters over the issue.
He was not a good man.

Best Answer

Getting rid of White oppressors and segregation is not racist. Your own kind is every bit as racist towards on themselves. What an ignorant ideology you have Olden.

Best Answer

He used to be part of an organisation which killed people through terrorism. That is something which can never be forgiven

Best Answer

By man.

Best Answer

Yes it can be forgive because people change and for the better. Perhaps this is something you missed.

Best Answer

A dead Burr Headed Racist!!!

Best Answer

I think the world needs more people like him.

Best Answer

Agreed,

Best Answer

Unfortunately, there are more people who follow in his footsteps...... many more who believe that violence is necessary for change.

Best Answer

Many White Americans and South Africans support his cause. It is impossible for you to see a Liberal in a good light and that is at your own demise.

Best Answer

The vast majority of Germans supported the rise to power of Adolf Hitler. That doesn't mean that his ideas and actions were correct. The world tolerated his actions in the name of peace for some time. The world tolerated Hitler's murder of hundreds of thousand before objecting.
Many white Americans do support change in S Africa. That doesn't make what he did and what he wanted to do correct.

Saturday, a friend told me how sad it was that such a great man died. I had him google the ANC manifesto that Mandela helped write and supported. He did... own his own .... I did not provide him with any websites. He called yesterday .... it seems that she no longer supports him or his actions.

Don't simply follow what others believe to be politically correct.

Best Answer

If you are comparing Mandela to Hilter then that clearly tells me you are a highly misinformed individual who harbors hate. Nothing more.

Best Answer

Interesting story, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about nothing BUT HIM on the news feeds! Move on already!

Best Answer

Another jealous soul...............

Best Answer

Yet another honorable statesman is dead. It is a great loss for the world.

He could have started one of the largest civil wars in the history of the world and he lead South Africa into peace and never let anyone change his path. With a world worried about the space race and technology he worried more about every South African living in peace and not hate.

Best Answer

Thank you Lady Gypsy for not being biased about an activist who stood for the well being of all.

Best Answer

Both hot and cold opinions. When he was younger, he thought that violence would bring about change, and that is the direction he took. After sitting in jail for several years, he had time to reflect on his previous actions and realized that was the wrong approach. He realized that violence only brings more violence and a peaceful movement would bring peace.

Best Answer

Does it matter now, let him rest in peace i say, he is owed that at the very least.

Best Answer

I think that he's a very admirable man because he fought for not only his freedom, but for freedom and equality across the boad. May he rest in peace.

Best Answer