“Guilty as charged” is how Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy answered questions about his restaurant chain’s support of traditional marriage earlier this week. That’s according to an interview published Monday in the Baptist Press, in which Cathy says his Atlanta-based company is “very much supporting of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/chick-fil-a-president-reiterates-companys-stance-against-gay-marriage/2012/07/19/gJQAbgq2vW_blog.html
caramelLova1 caramelLova1 31-35, F 19 Answers Jul 19, 2012

I like this fellow. He stands up for what he belives.

Best Answer

They have that right, just as other companies have the right to say they are for gay marriage. <br />
Freedom goes both ways people.<br />
"I will defend with my life your right to be wrong."

Best Answer

A look at their annual reports will show that they've made contributions to anti-gay organizations for years. This comes as no surprise to me.

Best Answer

I really don't care what the president of a chicken place said about gay marriage. We have our on opinion.

Best Answer

Mr. Dan Cathy is the PRESIDENT of the company and what says goes ( for the company), so to speak. Many times people don't agree with Obama, but he, too, is a President of a nation, not just a fast food chain.

Best Answer

This doesn't surprise me at all. I am from the same area as he is and he's always been a Fundamentalist Christian. If you notice, ChikFilAs are never open on Sunday and that's his first rule of business - no business on Sunday. And this isn't the first time he's come out (no pun intended) about issues like this.

Best Answer

His company has the best yogurt in the world... I don't care about his political or biblical beliefs.

Best Answer

He owns a chicken (sandwhich) store. He doesn't matter...No gliz or glamor... The gays don't need him anyway!! Go disco queens! I LOVE YA!

Best Answer

Guess they have a right to say what they want to and Cathy's certainly entitled to his own beliefs but people also have the right to refuse to frequent their establishment. Once his "Christian beliefs" start to affect his bottom line I think he'll change his mind, or maybe just shut up and go away...

Best Answer

Well, it does make one wonder why all the other big businesses are not out there trotting out their personal opinions....about every issue. Maybe they don't because they know consumers might then pick and choose which businesses with which they wished to trade.

Best Answer

A person can't just eat their chicken in peace? Dude, I came to eat chicken, not hear your opinion on the private affairs of others. As a chicken guru, one would think you'd spend your time creating some delicious new sauce. Just sayin'

Best Answer

Wow. Well it's a good thing I never ate that trash.

Best Answer

I think it has no impact on anything.

Best Answer