I am a very old fashioned type of guy, and have had very few dates, and no second dates. I am kind, respectful, and pay the tab. I never bring up inappropriate comments. I have been divorced for a few years, employed, and feel that I have a lot to offer.
eio123 eio123 41-45, M 12 Answers Feb 28 in Dating & Relationships

Something quick but semi sweet. Like a good place for lunch that has actual good food and have some things to talk about (funny is usually always a win). Make sure to shower, hold the door open and make sure you find a reason to touch her at least once or twice like putting your hand on the small of her back (for a second or two) as she goes throught the door and the like. Use the words we, ours, and us a lot as it mentally imprints in our brains as a couple.

Best Answer

I do always take a shower, and dress up. I have let my dates choose a place that they like to go to eat or for coffee. I admit I have never attempted to touch someone. My former wife hated PDA so I just stopped doing that.

Best Answer

don't just leave it up to women. We want to see you have confidence and the likes. Every other guy we are with always says where do you want to go? Don't be that guy. Have 3 places to go that are all different incase she doesn't like one or allergies or whatever, but then if she shoots them all down, put it on her to decide. Can't fault you for our indecisions. Go light on the touching on date one but it will send a little shiver up our spines and leaves us wanting a bit more (which you don't do until date two) unless she jumps your bones obviously. Good luck.

Best Answer

I don't think its possible for people who don't know you to answer this question--there's no way for us to know what's going on. You could try emailing the women who dated for feedback, saying something along the lines of how you are asking not because you want to restart something, but b/c you genuinely don't know if there is some way you are messing up on first dates (and thanking them ahead of time for their honesty).

Best Answer

Thank you. I had not thought of that but I will give it a try.

Best Answer

Good luck! It would take some bravery to ask, but it could be really interesting.

Best Answer

Just have fun & if you really like her... the more creative you get with your plans- the better the date. Not cost but creative with the activities

Best Answer

Speaking ofr myself only I'd love to eat, maybe drink coffee, watch a film. That sort of thing. And I would always want to pay my share. But I don't date and we are all different lol

Best Answer

I have noticed that whenever I try to pay, my date always wants to pay her part.

Best Answer

I prefer simple and low key so we can talk and get to know each other. A nice but not fancy restaurant. A visit to a museum and then some coffee. One of the best first dates I went on was to a zoo.

Best Answer

Most dates have been at a coffee house or a middle of the road type restaurant. I have always let her choose. From previous reply's I am going to offer suggestions, and let her choose. I do have lots of ideas, and have memberships to the local theater, museum, and zoo.

Best Answer

Full of suprises

Best Answer

I take your comment to mean that I should have some surprises for her.

Best Answer

Sounds like a pleasant first date to me.<br />
A photo and physical stats are needed to be sure.<br />
Are your hygienic habits sound and proper?<br />
Are you honest and do you show up on time?

Best Answer

I reply honestly to every question asked. I also arrive early (Photo will be uploaded to site soon) I shower, shave, and dress up nice.

Best Answer

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/I-Slept-Slept-With-A-Married-Woman-Who-Has-Children/4025576

Well there is your problem! She did not return because she has a HUSBAND!!!

Date SINGLE women!!!
Problem solved!!!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, she is the only one who does keep calling. I do not want to be with a married woman.

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that she is not attractive just because she is married or has kids. I want my own real relationship.

Best Answer

Are you out of shape?

Best Answer

I am about 5 lbs overweight, enough to show a bit of a gut, but not much. I am very physically active and work out often

Best Answer

Then I don't know. Most women what a strong man, mentally and physically, drug free, stable and not an idiot.

Best Answer

I am employed, educated, drug free and mentally stable.

Best Answer

Beats me then. sorry

Best Answer

You have to be 'fun' too... not boring

Best Answer

To get to know you and sort out if you are mentally stable and claim to be who you are.

Best Answer

Gosh...who needs mental stability? My IQ is too high for 'that' ;)

Best Answer

I'm pretty open. Something fun, but not overly loud to where you can't hear the other person talk! Something that will show me you actually put some thought in to it. Have a plan. Nothing is a greater turn off than a man with no plan for the evening.

Best Answer

I have always let her choose what to do and where to meet. I am willing to offer suggestions, and I have no problem with picking locations and things to do, but I was told that most women are very wary of a potentially unfamiliar place, due to concerns for personal safety.

Best Answer

I guess I'm different then. I have no fear of unfamiliar places, as long as I drive there myself and can leave at any time.

Best Answer

Do you ever bring up the ex? That is usually an exit cue for me.

Best Answer

The ex only comes up if my date first bring up her own ex. I try to limit that as much as possible.

Best Answer