Type a quick theory as to our true purpose, or lack of, on this planet. Why do you think we are here, if for anything? What are we ultimately made of and to what ends do we owe our existence? Keep religious theory out of it, please, I'm talking more BIOLOGICAL and ENERGETIC. (Think about it first as to be precise.)
thepaste thepaste 26-30 8 Answers Feb 3, 2012

I see two possible fr<x>ames of reference within biology implying natural design, the genetic and the psychological. I would dismiss energetics as an appeal to the higher power of theoretical physics. If life is taken as a chemical process that could exhaust the biosphere as fire consumes a wood, genetics and psychology will determine our response to the problem. But only psychology is amenable to the idea of purpose; evolution operates on a principle of blind trial and error. Since psychology is primarily the study of individual adaptability, I believe that there is no purpose common to humans as a whole, only the self-evident diversity of social order and individual philosophy. If religion is to be excluded from consideration, which I think you are right to do, it cannot be on the basis of some lofty principle, but the reality before us.

Best Answer

Teleology is groundless.

Best Answer

materially our purpose is to survive and reproduce - spiritually it is to seek self-knowledge and to love others

Best Answer

To evolve, grow, love, learn and experience being human. And when you've learned all you can in this lifetime, you will pass on and plan the next.

Best Answer

To reproduce, contribute what we can to the survival of our species and then die.

Best Answer

why to reproduce? are we viral?

Best Answer

I'm not sure I know what you mean by the 'are we viral?' bit. I was saying that our purpose and our only purpose is to contribute to the survival of our species through reproduction. Who knows why this is but that is our evolutionary purpose. Why else would we have sexual urges?

Best Answer

To live, to love and to learn. Eventually explore other planets as well. Life is an experience and once it's over, we return to the Source.

Best Answer