If they do a good job, they get a good tip.

Best Answer

...agree...

Best Answer

Effort. Did they make an effort to do their job. I understand it can be busy and they might not get around to me in a timely manner, but did they make an effort. Did they see me and neglect me. Did they leave me feeling thirsty. It is a bad sign when I have to flag down another waiter because mine is nowhere to be seen. Also a bad sign if I see them flirting with a coworker instead of doing their job. I understand that they work for tips, so it really takes a lot for me to not leave a tip behind.

Best Answer

...VERY valid points, oppa....they are in the business of "service", so service they must give. Although I have been a teacher for 18 years...my niece opened her own restaurant...& I worked for a couple of years for the 6AM shift...(my first job at 16 was a waitress...& for many years after)...not easy work...but I still love it...

Best Answer

I always tip, even if the service wasn't great. Quality of service does play a large part in how much I will tip, but I don't have any rules. I just tip what I feel is appropriate -- I do try to keep it at or above 15% though. I feel like if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out. It's just not a valid excuse.

Best Answer

...bless you GideonGraves..

Best Answer

The quality of their service. Regardless of how bad the food was.

Best Answer

....how GREAT are you?...stronggeorge...

Best Answer

I think I am pretty awesome. Thanks!!

Best Answer

How good of service I got while I was there

Best Answer

...agreed...

Best Answer