seagoat2 seagoat2 56-60, F 11 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Hobbies

If they do a good job, they get a good tip.

Best Answer

...agree...

Best Answer

Effort. Did they make an effort to do their job. I understand it can be busy and they might not get around to me in a timely manner, but did they make an effort. Did they see me and neglect me. Did they leave me feeling thirsty. It is a bad sign when I have to flag down another waiter because mine is nowhere to be seen. Also a bad sign if I see them flirting with a coworker instead of doing their job. I understand that they work for tips, so it really takes a lot for me to not leave a tip behind.

Best Answer

...VERY valid points, oppa....they are in the business of "service", so service they must give. Although I have been a teacher for 18 years...my niece opened her own restaurant...& I worked for a couple of years for the 6AM shift...(my first job at 16 was a waitress...& for many years after)...not easy work...but I still love it...

Best Answer

Just the total of my bill, I am an automatic 20% tipper unless they are HORRIBLE and then they will get about 12%. I've been lucky though.

Best Answer

...me,too, MmmBabi!!!

Best Answer

When I sit down, I'm already thinking the tip is 20%. It is very rare for me to go below that only because I know that (at least in the US) servers get paid way under minimum wage and really depend on tips.<br />
They have to be pretty bad for me to go to 15% and complete A$$ for me to leave nothing. <br />
Just the way I was brought up. Ok, so my family always owned restaurants, but still.....

Best Answer

...I sooooooooooooooooooo agree with you Mike1964...although I am a teacher now (for 18 years)...my first JOB &amp; SUMMER job is waitress...my niece owns a restaurant....it's in the blood....I can relate...

Best Answer

I always tip, even if the service wasn't great. Quality of service does play a large part in how much I will tip, but I don't have any rules. I just tip what I feel is appropriate -- I do try to keep it at or above 15% though. I feel like if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out. It's just not a valid excuse.

Best Answer

...bless you GideonGraves..

Best Answer

The quality of their service. Regardless of how bad the food was.

Best Answer

....how GREAT are you?...stronggeorge...

Best Answer

I think I am pretty awesome. Thanks!!

Best Answer

How good of service I got while I was there

Best Answer

...agreed...

Best Answer