seagoat2 seagoat2 56-60, F 11 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Hobbies

If they do a good job, they get a good tip.

Best Answer

...agree...

Best Answer

Effort. Did they make an effort to do their job. I understand it can be busy and they might not get around to me in a timely manner, but did they make an effort. Did they see me and neglect me. Did they leave me feeling thirsty. It is a bad sign when I have to flag down another waiter because mine is nowhere to be seen. Also a bad sign if I see them flirting with a coworker instead of doing their job. I understand that they work for tips, so it really takes a lot for me to not leave a tip behind.

Best Answer

...VERY valid points, oppa....they are in the business of "service", so service they must give. Although I have been a teacher for 18 years...my niece opened her own restaurant...& I worked for a couple of years for the 6AM shift...(my first job at 16 was a waitress...& for many years after)...not easy work...but I still love it...

Best Answer

Just the total of my bill, I am an automatic 20% tipper unless they are HORRIBLE and then they will get about 12%. I've been lucky though.

Best Answer

...me,too, MmmBabi!!!

Best Answer

When I sit down, I'm already thinking the tip is 20%. It is very rare for me to go below that only because I know that (at least in the US) servers get paid way under minimum wage and really depend on tips.

They have to be pretty bad for me to go to 15% and complete A$$ for me to leave nothing.

Just the way I was brought up. Ok, so my family always owned restaurants, but still.....

Best Answer

...I sooooooooooooooooooo agree with you Mike1964...although I am a teacher now (for 18 years)...my first JOB & SUMMER job is waitress...my niece owns a restaurant....it's in the blood....I can relate...

Best Answer

I always tip, even if the service wasn't great. Quality of service does play a large part in how much I will tip, but I don't have any rules. I just tip what I feel is appropriate -- I do try to keep it at or above 15% though. I feel like if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out. It's just not a valid excuse.

Best Answer

...bless you GideonGraves..

Best Answer

The quality of their service. Regardless of how bad the food was.

Best Answer

....how GREAT are you?...stronggeorge...

Best Answer

I think I am pretty awesome. Thanks!!

Best Answer

How good of service I got while I was there

Best Answer

...agreed...

Best Answer