Okay so my best friend is 16. She means the world to me and I would hate to see her get hurt. She has been hurt so many times before so she loves that feeling of being loved. She is very vulnerable and finds it very hard to say no. The past 2 weeks she has been seeing someone who is 20. Now I know it's only 4 years in a difference but this guy has a bad reputation. She's still basically a child and he an adult. I think it is totally wrong. She has already kissed him numerous times and he has tried to do more with her but she didn't let him. The other day he didn't want anything to do with her because ''he wanted more.'' She was hurt and I told her to stay away from him because he was going to hurt her more. They're now back on because he has told her he won't do anything she is uncomfortable with. Given his reputation I know it's all lies. Now he is going to her house tomorrow and they will be on their own. I'v have done everything to talk her out of it but she won't listen.
nadine17 nadine17 18-21, F 9 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I know you would love to persuade her to see sense, but sometimes you just have to trust her to learn for herself and find her own way to doing the right thing.

Best Answer

I know what you mean. Sometimes she just needs to fight her own battles but it's so hard at the same time when it's your best friend

Best Answer

I understand - if you say too much though she will hate it, but there is always the risk that you haven't said enough & really shown her the dangers, but she does need to make her own choices - hang in there for her and I hope she wll listen and respect you :)

Best Answer

as they say, the heart wants what the heart wants. the age difference isn't really a very big one. It's jut that it straddles our social mores of decency. Age is all relative. Although he is 25% older than she is, the 4 years will remain, no matter the age, but the ratio of difference will diminish more and more with time. At either age, 16 or 20, they both still have a lot to lern about life. But we all do. I say let them live and learn...

Best Answer

I was 15 and involved with 22 year olds and older. <br />
Truth be told I felt safe. <br />
Why? If I was pregnant I could blackmail those guys into footing the bill for an abortion. Also they'd be discreet about us. So no slandering after we went our seperate ways. <br />
I think you should keep an eye on the guy and let your friend learn the hard way. I used to have a thing for older guys but after I met enough of the rotten ones my desires for them cleared RIGHT up. <br />
Just be there for her when she needs you. People opposing it is only going to send her straight to him.

Best Answer

Thank you :) I'll always be there for her no matter what the outcome will be. I'm not gonna turn my back on her even I don't agree with it. I guess she just needs to learn the hard way.

Best Answer

No problem. My friend is older than me and her choice in men and her relationships have my ripping my hair out. -,-

Best Answer

don't talk to her (16 year old), talk to him, the 20 something. Tell him to back off or he goes to prison for molesting a 16 year old. The justice system and prisoners will not like it and he dies.

Best Answer

Oh, my ex just spent the last of her money to leave me across the nation. She let the guy do more than she wanted, called me in tears begging me back, but it was all too late because it was unprotected. You can't save them when they want to die unless they miraculously survive.

Best Answer