Do you try to help the injured or the dead? I only ask because it was just presented with me recently....My Dear Lord..I had no CPR experience..Now I'm GONNA LEARN it!!!!...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 56 Answers Oct 7, 2012 in Health

First of all you do not try to help the dead. They are dead. They don't care.

Call 911 to report the scene. Better yet assign someone to do this and to report back to you.

Quickly assess each person.

Use ABC's. Airway. Breathing. Circulation.

Stabilize. Move on.

Update rescuers. Have bystanders help with simple tasks. Get everyone to help. Monitor for shock. You have lives in your hands. Just be calm. And do your best. Help is on the way. The more you know, the more you can help. Relax.

Best Answer

I'd try to help.

Best Answer

i would evaluate the accident check on survivors, render aid where i can. then call 911

Best Answer

I have been first. It was before cell phones,I helped 2 people out of their cars,and then directed traffic around the wrecked cars,till the cops came. It was Dark, in the country, and one of the cars was upside down in the road.

Best Answer

"Shuddering" Scary....

Best Answer

Actually, it was really exciting. No one was seriously Hurt.

Best Answer

Thank you Goodness....

Best Answer

I call 911

Best Answer

Call 112 (loal equivalent of 911) Offer assistance. What else can one do?

Best Answer

I've never been there. I dont think that I could do much for the dead...Hey, what about that nap, Princess? You can have the couch. Just lie down, close your eyes and pretend I'm not there? Not hard to do....

Best Answer

I'm tryin, I'm tryin.....can you help me shop tomorrow?.

Best Answer

Sure, I can free a little time from my "busy" schedule. What are we shopping for?

Best Answer

Just necessities....I'm poor and struggling....

Best Answer

I have a few extra bucks, Princess. I'd be happy to help you out...please!

Best Answer

I was not really freaked.I was surprised I was still alive.Then I had security call for an ambulance.

Best Answer

Youch, scary....

Best Answer

i will try to help, im trained for trauma...then ask someone to call 911 while im doing what i can.

Best Answer

Thank Goodness for people like YOU!!!

Best Answer

Call 911 then freak. You can't help the dead and sometimes you can hurt the injured if you move them. But you always want to try and help sometimes just being there so they are not alone

Best Answer

Ahhhh, excellent reply!!

Best Answer

999 in the UK, if I have reception. If not see who can go to where there is reception while I see if I can give appropriate first aid. I'll freak out later.

Best Answer

Yup, I understand!!!

Best Answer

911, then break out the first aid kit...

Best Answer

I would run and call 911 at the same time while I attend to the injured.

Best Answer

I call 911 while I try to help.

Best Answer

Stay calm, call 911 and help as best I can

Best Answer

Check for a pulse..triage..airway, breathing, circulation, than call 9-11 and begin CPR. If there are others present assign tasks and don't panic!

Best Answer

I saved somebody's life, a few years ago, by dragging them from their burning car and performing chest compressions to restart their heart after he had become unconscious from smoke inhalation.

There were at least a dozen bystanders who wouldn't lift a finger; and one was registered nurse, but she was likewise too freaked out to help. I couldn't even get anybody to elevate the unconscious victim's legs, so as to cause blood to flow to his brain.

One guy told me that he was too afraid to help because the victim looked spooky as if he were already dead. (I thought he might have been dead, too.)

I felt very depressed for many days thereafter. I was bitter and cynical about all the bystanders who did nothing. They were eager to get in the way, so they could watch, but none would lend a hand.

Best Answer

1) Assess if anything is in such a condition as to present an immediate threat to any of the injured, trapped, or attending bystanders (i.e. fire, hanging over edge of something, HazMat release or potential to, still rushing traffic).

2) Assess if any of the injured have injuries that if not immediately attended to would lead to death (i.e. arterial bleeding, amputations, not breathing).

3) Call EMS/911 while attending to 1 & 2 or get another onsite person to do so.

Pay particular attention to #1, A LOT of fatalities amongst even seasoned first responders come from going into an emergency situation blindly and ending up with the victims. This is especially so in the case of situations with an associated degradation of the area atmosphere (i.e. a toxic or suffocating gas release and confined spaces). Most people will not encounter this in even severe traffic accidents, but you should consider and be aware for it.

A few years back an entire family save the smallest child was lost on a cool breezeless morning on a farm back east when, one by one, the family members descended into a shallow pig waste basin to try to retrieve the father, and then the subsequent other members as each one who entered went down in the low oxygen depression. It was literally only a 3-5 foot sloped depression, but the wastes evolved gasses that collected in the depression and caused each potential rescuer to pass out the minute they hit it, and they subsequently suffocated.

Best Answer

Certainly call 911. Check to see if I can comfort anyone without moving them much. See if anyone is stuck in or under a car. Help those I can help and comfort the ones I can't. Unfortunately, I have no medical training

Best Answer

Call 911. then as being a retired paramedic of 28 yrs experience, check for life threatening injuries and take blood pressure and pulses until help arrives

Best Answer