I have meds that i started taking, but if i need some sort of self remedy to try, i'd like to hear what you do :)
Jem12Sabre Jem12Sabre 18-21, F 10 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in Self Improvement

read this book titled the secret of letting go by guy finley. it helped me out alot. take your time reading it though as each chapter is inspiring and very helpful

Best Answer

saved the book in my wish list :)

Best Answer

Is it CBT? As CBT is the latest version of what was initially a book called "Feeling Fine", back in the seventies. Many have copied bits and pieces but I'd suggest reading and learning the full tecnique.

Best Answer

i think it is. this book teaches self observation, a method called stop look and listen, it teaches you to feel happier and change your thought pattern.

Best Answer

best wishes to you jem12sabre xoxo

Best Answer

thanks :) I love thinking positive, so this book will be helpful ^_^

Best Answer

Deep breath and tell yourself everything will be ok. Or just listen to Bob Marley-Three Little Birds.

Best Answer

good idea :D i'm also gonna listen to shpongle ^_^

Best Answer

Smoke weed, it's lessened the amount of ridiculous type attacks I've had.

Best Answer

I don't smoke

Best Answer

That's not a fact at all by the way. It brings on paranoia more than anything in the anxiety field. It may put that guy to sleep which indicates the stuff is too strong for him and he's been smoking it for way too long.

Best Answer

i read somewhere that weed makes you more depressed in the long run.

Best Answer

Never said it was a fact, but weed works differently for different people, and people don't always get paranoid from it. And it doesn't always put people to sleep either, I wish that we're the case.
Weed, in more cases than not, does help many people with anxiety.
Not tryin to create another pot head in the world, just providing another suggestion besides Ativan and Xanax that are more addictive and harmful on the liver.

Best Answer

It's all good. If i ever get prescribed weed, well, we'll see haha but I don't smoke :P I sing.

Best Answer

Yipes, don't ruin your voice then, just aim for the liver. :-P

Best Answer

hahaha, you silly entity

Best Answer

Entity? Hmmm I kinda like that, much better than silly pot-head which I've seemed to have grown a label of in the most recent transpirings of this question. Not outright labeled, but I can see the whells spinnin

Best Answer

Wheels, darn autocorrect, why would I have ever said whells?

Best Answer

haha. You would make a good friend :)

Best Answer

You can tell all that from a typo? Wow, cool, thanks

Best Answer

lolz I meant the comment before :P We seem to be on the same wave length.

Best Answer

Sorry about that, didn't mean to put out such good vibes :-P

Best Answer

Have a prayer room inside your house ,if you feel that you are not ok,then spend an hour praying or sometimes speaking to God as if you are speaking to your father for an advice,note the room must always be clean with nothing else beside a mat and your bible including music of faith,don't play it high,the volume must be down that you are able to hear your voice,if you want to cry ,just burst into tears and it helps a lot ,and enables you to heal and let it go

Best Answer

We don't really have the space for something like that <.<

Best Answer

Of bugger you moron. Religion has no effect on these issues. Go build a bloody mountain and bury yourself under it. Speakibng to God. How stupid are you? There is no God.

Best Answer

pegasus there is no need for you to insult sibusisorichard. his intentions were good and he was just trying to help another fellow EPr offering the best advice he could think of. here on ep there are all types of people. you can't expect everyone to be just like you or think jus like you. we can have differnet opinions without arguing.

Best Answer

Yeah, I believe in God >.>

Best Answer

me too ^_^

Best Answer

I think I've already answered this question. Was it you?<br />
If you do have anxiety and no depression I would suggest you would be ideal to learn and use CBT. Google it. It's easy to understand but can be very hard to practice.<br />
I now use it any time I need it. All it is really is recognising we have the power to change our thoughts from what they are to something else. Thoughts are where anxiety and depression come from you see. So if you CAN chage those thoughts to something else the anxiety etc should abate. It can be done with self help books but it's better with a therapist or even in a group. Easy to do with helpers, hard on your own. Don't despair as it's learning to think the opposite way to what you do.<br />
Apart from deep breathing and being still while you do it (also think good in, bad out, or similar), the best tip I was given by a long term sufferer of multiple illnesses was to "get tactile". Which simply means grounding yourself.<br />
Feel one arm with another. Feel your legs. Feel the chair you use. Even do some washing up, that's reality. Outside is good too. Lying on the grqass. Breaking leaves of trees and smelling them.<br />
The whole idea is to provide you with other stimuli. You see, all feelings come from a reaction to something and they all come up your spinal nerves. If you are doing nothing all the anxiety will dominate. If you do other things, like I've described or anything at all, it provides more feelings to analyse and competes with the anxiety, thus diluting it. Pretty much a short term thing but maybe that's all you need.<br />
Do be careful you don't have depression as well as they often go togther and anxiety develops into depression if left alone. Don't let that depression in at all costs. It's a horror show.<br />
Above all, keep hope and focus on changing those thoughts. Good luck.

Best Answer

thanks, and this is the first question i've posted about anxiety :P

Best Answer

That's OK. It was asked about two days ago that's all. No big deal. I try to help regardless of any previous exchange and I was concerned I may have written something that you didn't like. But it's irrelevant as you didn't ask it. Apologies for the confusion. What does the type :P at the end of your words mean please? We aren't all texters you see.

Best Answer

it is a type of smiley face. Look at it sideways, and it's eyes with a tongue sticking out of the mouth. Here are some more emoticons:... :D :) :O &gt;:D, and this one is hugging you-

Best Answer

Don't have attacks as such, but when anxious I use deep breathing. Always works. )

Best Answer

i stay to myself and avoid contact with water, heights, guns, trucks, and people

Best Answer

Brilliant. I think the world is running out of places for people if they want to do that. All you say really is you do NOTHING at all about it except hide.

Best Answer

yeah, that's what i got out about it to, but hey life is life

Best Answer

I will crawl around on my hands and knees and inhale deeply and slowly, and then exhale slowly, and keep doing this. Most times it takes at least a half hour.

Best Answer

that's not good D:

Best Answer

well, I have Bipolar and they won't prescribe me xanax or anything because it makes me really depressed. So I have to do it without medication. It works though.

Best Answer

I've been without my whole life, but about a year or two ago, i started having attacks. I didn't realize i had anxiety till i had gotten over some trauma i went through. now that i have meds i feel much better o.o calmer for the most part :D but i still get attacks here and there. that's what i have the xanex for.

Best Answer

Why the crawling? You're exerting yourself which will increase your need fo oxygehn. Either sit quietly or lie down and do the deep brreathi9ng. It will not be used ob other physical activity.; But, whatever works is good, right.

Best Answer

the crawling? well when I have an attack, my heart feels like it is beating out of my chest, I start to walk around frantically and start pushing myself off of walls and just going berserk. I can't sit calmly, I try and I jump up and and go crazy as I said. I have to crawl because for some reason it takes this berserk feeling away and allows me to focus on breathing.

Best Answer

I to am Bipolar and have been prescribed Effexor for the depression part and a small dose (50mgs) o9r Seroquel at night. Which also makes me sleep. I'm BP2, are you BP1?
Many doctors wn't prescriobe as it (alprazolam) belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines. It works by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced. This results in a reduction in nervous tension (anxiety).
They fear addiction for you.

Best Answer

I too am BP2, and my therapist thinks perhaps BPD as well, but don't know yet. Yes they fear addiction, because I would need them everyday. I am so calm when I take one though. My psychiatrist got pissed when I told her I took one. I used to take Effexor. I am now taking 300mg of Seroquel. It definitely makes me sleep, except sometime when I am hypo.

Best Answer

Well I just avoid situations that may cause anxiety attacks, that does well for me. But public speaking is what makes me have those, so they are relatively easy to avoid.

Best Answer