KilluaGodspeed KilluaGodspeed 18-21, M 10 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Community

I was a receptionist at a medical office. I got the job by walking in and applying for it. My duties included:

- answering multi-line phones and directing calls

- data entry (client info and prescription records)

- assisting clients with paperwork (initial visit info, insurance applications)

- cancelling, scheduling, and rescheduling appointments, changing appointments around to better suit clients and staff

- receiving and sending mail

- inter-office communications (basically creating email memos that would be sent to everyone in the office)

- greeting clients and giving them information and directions

- filing records and organizing paperwork for specific purposes

- calling clients at home to remind them of appointments

- payment receipt

- usually I would offer to help with other things too, though they were not in my job description (like cleaning up the conference room after a meeting where refreshments were served, or helping the mail room staff sort mail). I didn't get anything extra for performing those tasks, but they helped break the monotony.

Best Answer

Sit at a desk and waste your life away dealing with Power Drunk A-Hole Bosses and Backstabbing A$$ kissing Co-Workers I've been doing it for 27 plus years.

Best Answer

Lets Hope Not.

Best Answer

The same stuff that they do at Dunder-Mifflin in Scranton, PA...you get one by having a lot of education and applying at McDonalds...lol

Best Answer

Instead of doing manual / physical labor, you use your brain to contribute / create various projects. There are many ways to get one. First figure out what you want to do then apply. Personally I'd look for an internship in a Fortune 500 company.

Best Answer

You can do an internship in high school and all through college. Many internships are paid and you recieve credit towards your education.

Best Answer

Go to college, get a degree. Most companies require a formal education.

Best Answer

Strange question

Best Answer

mostly administration and clerical works (boring for me)

Best Answer

I use to work as the main office receptionist and insurance billing

....... I have a degree as a Health Unit Coordinator

Best Answer