You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.
OnewithJC OnewithJC 36-40, F 15 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Affairs

I stand up for her

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I would explain that she's my friend and say that they risk losing my respect if they do not desist.

Best Answer

Very cool! You understand we are human and you offer them a chance to make amends! A good friend indeed! Thanks for sharing! :)

Best Answer

Well, first they'd lose my respect and admiration for them. Second, I would want to stick up for my friend. But I'm not good at that and I'd probably be too mad so I'd just get up and leave.

Best Answer

I think that it is awesome you seem to know yourself very well! Nice!! :)

Best Answer

I remind them that she's not here to defend herself. Usually that stops it but there have been times when I've lost friends because I won't stand gossip. Then again I've had the same friends who had been gossiping come to talk to me about something because they knew I wouldn't break confidence.

Best Answer

loyal and dependable....you seem like a good friend to have :)

Best Answer

I think I am, but I also have alot of past baggage that can be real intense at times. I usully don't let anyone close enough to know the intense parts, which clearly, impedes friendship.

Best Answer

I feel ya, me too.

Best Answer

I say, "you know she's my friend right.?" That will usually shut them up. I'd then continue to look disgusted with their behaviour until they apologised.

Best Answer

You go girl! ***snap, snap, snap*** Love it! :)

Best Answer

You have to be tactful and firm knowing when to set them straight is the key. If you let them get into a heightened bashing frenzy your words will go unnoticed. I just start providing truthful words in a non emotional tone early in the conversation and sometimes the situation stops sometimes it doesn't and you get attacked

Best Answer

Nice, thank you for sharing! :)

Best Answer

I'd defend my friend. I'd not respect these people if they would criticize my friend distastefully.

Best Answer

I hear you, very good! :)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

(:

Best Answer

Id set em right......... I wouldnt admire them if they were b itching bout my friends!!!

Best Answer

You and me both, girl friend. :)

Best Answer

YAY *hi 5's*

Best Answer

Excuse yourself and leave.

Best Answer

Silent but strong, I like it! Hopefully they're not so dumb, they don't get the point. :)

Best Answer

I would not put it past such people.

Best Answer

Exactly but we can still hope. ;)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

(:

Best Answer